Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In honor of "The Super Bowl" Hollywood & the gridiron best

spence

(*-Indicates ACADEMY AWARD win)

As I wrote on heading, "SUPER BOWL 51" will begin in only a couple of hours & first things first, WHO DO U FANS PICK TO WIN & WHO DO YOU WANT TO WIN???

I've been a Cowboys fan since the age of 10 myself & for those that are the stats keepers, you know Dallas has won (5) 49'er's (5) Steelers (6) & from the looks of it New England will likely tie them with (6) total "SB" victories.

& Tom Brady-(l977-) is closing in on all-time passing record, held by B. Favre & P. Manning.

But, this is of course TCM & a cinema related website & not particularly sports. So, as most know on these forums, BOXING is by far covered more then any other sport. Though some have also made quite a few Baseball movies, as well as "PRO FOOTBALL" & the highest grossing Football pic believe it or not is the Adam Sandler comedy "The Waterboy" ($264 million) 2nd is another of his & I found it ok for a rehash "The Longest Yard" ($254m.) (**1/2), "The Longest Yard" (l974) (***1/2), "Remember the Titans" ($116m.) (***), "North Dallas Forty" (l979) (my own fav. of the bunch) (strong ***1'/2), "Any Given Sunday" (l999) ($76m.) (***)-(easily the most realistic, bone crunching of them all. *O. Stone really pout the fans right on the field BIG-TIME!) "Semi-Tough" (l977) (**) (was never a fan of this one, again starring: Burt Reynolds,etc) (Honorable mention): superb tv movie from 1970 "Brian's Song") THANK YOU & PLEASE SEND OWN PIX-(especially on tonight's matchup)

(*-Indicates ACADEMY AWARD win)

As I wrote on heading, "SUPER BOWL 51" will begin in only a couple of hours & first things first, WHO DO U FANS PICK TO WIN & WHO DO YOU WANT TO WIN???

I've been a Cowboys fan since the age of 10 myself & for those that are the stats keepers, you know Dallas has won (5) 49'er's (5) Steelers (6) & from the looks of it New England will likely tie them with (6) total "SB" victories.

& Tom Brady-(l977-) is closing in on all-time passing record, held by B. Favre & P. Manning.

But, this is of course TCM & a cinema related website & not particularly sports. So, as most know on these forums, BOXING is by far covered more then any other sport. Though some have also made quite a few Baseball movies, as well as "PRO FOOTBALL" & the highest grossing Football pic believe it or not is the Adam Sandler comedy "The Waterboy" ($264 million) 2nd is another of his & I found it ok for a rehash "The Longest Yard" ($254m.) (**1/2), "The Longest Yard" (l974) (***1/2), "Remember the Titans" ($116m.) (***), "North Dallas Forty" (l979) (my own fav. of the bunch) (strong ***1'/2), "Any Given Sunday" (l999) ($76m.) (***)-(easily the most realistic, bone crunching of them all. *O. Stone really pout the fans right on the field BIG-TIME!) "Semi-Tough" (l977) (**) (was never a fan of this one, again starring: Burt Reynolds,etc) (Honorable mention): superb tv movie from 1970 "Brian's Song") THANK YOU & PLEASE SEND OWN PIX-(especially on tonight's matchup)

Yep, that's always been my favorite pigskin flick too, spence.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings