Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Barton_Keyes

Noir Alley

5 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

First things first, YOU MUST SEE THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME RIGHT NOW!  DO YOU HEAR ME, RIGHT NOW!!!  You will be rewarded immensely!!!   

Haven't seen every Edmond O'Brien film but D.O.A.is my fave so far.  

Oh my goodness, Ma, Cody and Verna....trying to get that image out of my mind, lol.

I have a terrible confession to make:  I've always been attracted to George Murphy.

Even worse:  Rudy Vallee.

Go figure. 

I think Rudy Vallee was so funny in The Palm Beach Story, The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer and How to Succeed in Business. I don't think it's so strange that you're attracted to Rudy ( well, maybe not so much Murphy) LOL I've always been attracted to men who were funny. My new crush is Ben Bailey on Cash Cab! LOL Oh, and I've always liked O'Brien so much, excellent actor and DOA is also my favorite but he's great in everything I've seen.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

"I don't want to work, I just want to bang on this drum all day."

Story of my life.  Right now in fact. I really need to be writing warehouse order picking procedures, but I'd rather discuss Edmond O'Brien and atypical eye candy.

This message board is so distracting.

I'm attracted to Paul Douglas if we want to talk about atypical eye candy. He's a great big teddy bear, just love him

• Like 2

Enjoying all this girl talk here. Who's the hunk, who's the punk, etc., eye candy from a feminine sweet tooth. Interesting because the matinee idols are not dominating the field. The rank and file are getting their fun in the sun. Wait to go, girls. So how about Wally Cox and his ilk. Any activity on the meter?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I'm attracted to Paul Douglas if we want to talk about atypical eye candy. He's a great big teddy bear, just love him

Paul Douglas is like the nicer Broderick Crawford.  Douglas was also on an episode of The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour. He played the host of a morning talk show (I think a "Today" type show) and Lucy was his girl Friday who also did the commercial for Wakie Flakies.

• Like 1

John Garfield is another actor that is short but built well and I think is really hot.

Laffite, I am thinking of a Wally Cox type that I find attractive that is not Wally Cox.  That is a no-go for me.

2 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

John Garfield is another actor that is short but built well and I think is really hot.

Laffite, I am thinking of a Wally Cox type that I find attractive that is not Wally Cox.  That is a no-go for me.

Agree on that Speedy. John Garfield was so attractive, a terrific actor and se-x-y. Wally Cox is a no-go. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Agree on that Speedy. John Garfield was so attractive, a terrific actor and se-x-y. Wally Cox is a no-go. 

Mmm John Garfield. I think I'm watching a John Garfield movie tonight. Ooh follow up with an Errol Flynn movie. Do I dare? That might be too much for one evening.

re: Wally Cox. My first thought was Clifton Webb. Then I was like "no! I don't find him attractive either. Though I do love Waldo Lydecker, because he's hilarious." 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

Mmm John Garfield. I think I'm watching a John Garfield movie tonight. Ooh follow up with an Errol Flynn movie. Do I dare? That might be too much for one evening.

re: Wally Cox. My first thought was Clifton Webb. Then I was like "no! I don't find him attractive either. Though I do love Waldo Lydecker, because he's hilarious." 

At my age, I might have a heart attack, especially if we throw in Tyrone LOL

Clifton Webb was fabulous in everything. A great actor but far from a heartthrob. Speedy, watch Sitting Pretty next time it's shown. His Mr. Belvedere is priceless. 

Please don't put Broderick Crawford and Paul Douglas together. Although I can see why you'd say that, I just never found Crawford, as far as looks are concerned, to be attractive. He was just too gruff. He was excellent in all the King's Men and Born Yesterday. If I remember correctly, Douglas played the role in Born Yesterday on Broadway but Crawford got the movie role.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

At my age, I might have a heart attack, especially if we throw in Tyrone LOL

Clifton Webb was fabulous in everything. A great actor but far from a heartthrob. Speedy, watch Sitting Pretty next time it's shown. His Mr. Belvedere is priceless. 

Please don't put Broderick Crawford and Paul Douglas together. Although I can see why you'd say that, I just never found Crawford, as far as looks are concerned, to be attractive. He was just too gruff. He was excellent in all the King's Men and Born Yesterday. If I remember correctly, Douglas played the role in Born Yesterday on Broadway but Crawford got the movie role.

I think I've seen Sitting Pretty before, but I don't remember Webb.  I'll have to watch it more closely next time.  I think I've seen the Mr. Belvedere show exactly once and I cannot remember anything about it. 

I didn't mean to offend with my comparison of Crawford and Douglas. I would concur that Crawford is not attractive. He was excellent in Born Yesterday, though I despised his character.  I loved his wild printed robe that he wore though.

Just now, speedracer5 said:

I think I've seen Sitting Pretty before, but I don't remember Webb.  I'll have to watch it more closely next time.  I think I've seen the Mr. Belvedere show exactly once and I cannot remember anything about it. 

I didn't mean to offend with my comparison of Crawford and Douglas. I would concur that Crawford is not attractive. He was excellent in Born Yesterday, though I despised his character.  I loved his wild printed robe that he wore though.

If you've seen Sitting Pretty you'd remember Webb, he's really the star of the movie as Mr. Belvedere, the tv show Mr. Belvedere is not Webb, totally different. It's a wonderful film and I know you'd remember.

ps. TCM should have a night of Garfield, Flynn, Power, Lancaster, McQueen, Newman and Redford. Now that is eye candy viewing LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

Edmond+O%2527Brien+in+The+Hunchback+of+N

"So you ladies think I look better than Quasimodo, eh? Just wait until you see me bang this drum!"

Mighty fine there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

If you've seen Sitting Pretty you'd remember Webb, he's really the star of the movie as Mr. Belvedere, the tv show Mr. Belvedere is not Webb, totally different. It's a wonderful film and I know you'd remember.

ps. TCM should have a night of Garfield, Flynn, Power, Lancaster, McQueen, Newman and Redford. Now that is eye candy viewing LOL

McQueen doesn't really do anything for me aesthetically. Newman is okay.  Redford is pretty good. Lancaster, I do think is very attractive, he's the best of the four blondes on the list. Like I said, blonde guys don't really do it for me. But a night of Garfield, Flynn, Power, and Lancaster! Yes.

TCM MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

I also like Monty Clift, even though he's a bit on the frail side. He has such a gorgeous face.  Though I find it a bit disconcerting when he smiles, so I prefer him brooding. 

1 hour ago, speedracer5 said:

"I don't want to work, I just want to bang on this drum all day."

Story of my life.  Right now in fact. I really need to be writing warehouse order picking procedures, but I'd rather discuss Edmond O'Brien and atypical eye candy.

This message board is so distracting.

I love that song! (Love Todd Rundgren). Fan from way back.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laffite said:

Enjoying all this girl talk here. Who's the hunk, who's the punk, etc., eye candy from a feminine sweet tooth. Interesting because the matinee idols are not dominating the field. The rank and file are getting their fun in the sun. Wait to go, girls. So how about Wally Cox and his ilk. Any activity on the meter?

NO WAY. LOL.

1 minute ago, Hibi said:

NO WAY. LOL.

In regard to my eye candy meter and Wally Cox, the needle fell off due to lack of activity.

Although oddly, I'd rank Wally Cox above Mickey Rooney, because Mickey Rooney is so unappealing in every way possible.

2 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

In regard to my eye candy meter and Wally Cox, the needle fell off due to lack of activity.

Although oddly, I'd rank Wally Cox above Mickey Rooney, because Mickey Rooney is so unappealing in every way possible.

ME TOO! LOL.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I agree, however Mickey had the rep of being quite a ladies man. Ava married him, he had affairs with Lana, Liz, Judy and many more. I could never figure it out either.

Interesting because I think McQueen especially in Thomas Crown was gorgeous. As far as Newman and Redford go, in Butch Cassidy and The Sting I didn't know who to look at first, both so stunning and se-xy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I agree, however Mickey had the rep of being quite a ladies man. Ava married him, he had affairs with Lana, Liz, Judy and many more. I could never figure it out either.

Interesting because I think McQueen especially in Thomas Crown was gorgeous. As far as Newman and Redford go, in Butch Cassidy and The Sting I didn't know who to look at first, both so stunning and se-xy.

I can understand Mickey and Judy.  But Mickey and Lana, Ava, Liz? Ugh. Apparently Errol was his wingman at nightclubs.  Errol would be a terrible wingman! What woman is going to want Mickey Rooney with Errol standing there? 

I don't think McQueen is ugly. But meh. He doesn't do anything for me. I do like The Thomas Crown Affair, especially the sexy chess scene. Newman kind of falls into the same camp as McQueen for me.  Maybe it's the combo of the blonde hair with the piercing blue eyes, which also doesn't do anything for me. I can't explain it. I think it might also be their hair.  Redford I find a little more attractive than McQueen and Newman because he has better hair.

I cannot explain what pings my eye candy meter.  He's either got it, or he doesn't. 

17 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Not to mention Norma Shearer in her widowhood. Can't picture THAT at all. What did Ava see in him? Notice it didnt last! LOL.

Bill Holden in Picnic is another I'd add to my eye candy fest. I thought he was so handsome and se-xy especially in his shirtless scenes and I don't care, I don't think he was too old for the role.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I can understand Mickey and Judy.  But Mickey and Lana, Ava, Liz? Ugh. Apparently Errol was his wingman at nightclubs.  Errol would be a terrible wingman! What woman is going to want Mickey Rooney with Errol standing there? 

I don't think McQueen is ugly. But meh. He doesn't do anything for me. I do like The Thomas Crown Affair, especially the sexy chess scene. Newman kind of falls into the same camp as McQueen for me.  Maybe it's the combo of the blonde hair with the piercing blue eyes, which also doesn't do anything for me. I can't explain it. I think it might also be their hair.  Redford I find a little more attractive than McQueen and Newman because he has better hair.

I cannot explain what pings my eye candy meter.  He's either got it, or he doesn't. 

McQueen doesn't do anything for me either. Newman did, but Redford not so much.

1 minute ago, Hibi said:

Not to mention Norma Shearer in her widowhood. Can't picture THAT at all. What did Ava see in him? Notice it didnt last! LOL.

He cheated on Ava when she was in the hospital with a burst appendix. go figure!

1 minute ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Bill Holden in Picnic is another I'd add to my eye candy fest. I thought he was so handsome and se-xy especially in his shirtless scenes and I don't care, I don't think he was too old for the role.

Yes. Shaved or unshaved........

Just now, lavenderblue19 said:

He cheated on Ava when she was in the hospital with a burst appendix. go figure!

I guess she wised up quickly.

7 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Bill Holden in Picnic is another I'd add to my eye candy fest

Mr Holden and I share the same birthday, does that cut any ice with you? Don't ask for a photo, though.:D

• Haha 2