Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Barton_Keyes

Noir Alley

1 minute ago, laffite said:

Mr Holden and I share the same birthday, does that cut any ice with you? Don't ask for a photo, though.:D

When is that?

9 minutes ago, laffite said:

Mr Holden and I share the same birthday, does that cut any ice with you? Don't ask for a photo, though.:D

laffite, your adorable personality is enough, I don't need a photo ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Bill Holden in Picnic is another I'd add to my eye candy fest. I thought he was so handsome and se-xy especially in his shirtless scenes and I don't care, I don't think he was too old for the role.

YES

I loved that Verna Felton kept making comments about him taking his clothes off. Like when they're leaving for the picnic and he's complaining about his jacket being tight in the shoulders "I don't think anyone would mind if you took it off." 

I love the cover of the Picnic DVD, with Holden in his half ripped off shirt, holding Kim Novak.  It looks like the cover of one of those romance novels with a title like The Dashing Drifter's Lover or something equally ridiculous.

I didn't think Cliff Robertson was much in this film, with his beady eyes and whiny voice... but man, 4 years later in Gidget when he plays Kahuna, he was way more appealing.  But not as much as my love, Moondoggie.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, laffite said:

Errol Flynn's birthday is two days before mine.  I'd like to think that in some fantasy world somewhere that he and I would split the difference and celebrate our birthdays together! 

14 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Hibi said Shaved or Unshaved

You got that right :)

I prefer my men to be naturally not very hairy... Though I cannot comment on whether Holden was hirsute or not because I don't know.  

But someone like the dad in 90210 blech!! ::vomit::

• Like 1

You can check out Holden unshaved in Sunset Blvd. The pool scene with Gloria Swanson.......

36 minutes ago, Hibi said:

When is that?

17 Apr

Nikita Khrushchev was also born on that date. Unfortunately I probably look more like him. I have more hair, though.

42 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

Errol Flynn's birthday is two days before mine.  I'd like to think that in some fantasy world somewhere that he and I would split the difference and celebrate our birthdays together! 

Tyrone Power's son's birthday is the same as mine !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Tyrone Power's son's birthday is the same as mine !

Lav, he is simply gorgeous. It seems like at one time he had something going on with John Clark Gable.

Do you know what Ty Power III is doing right now?

25 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Lav, he is simply gorgeous. It seems like at one time he had something going on with John Clark Gable.

Do you know what Ty Power III is doing right now?

Another rumor. I don't believe it. His son is gorgeous. I haven't seen any of his work other than in the 2 Cocoon films and he is stunning in those films.  

2 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Another rumor. I don't believe it

I meant that he and John Clark had some kind of movie, TV show or book or something that they had planned to work on. But I don't know if they ever got any backing or any interest for it.

Apparently, John Clark's son died of drugs.

3 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I will watch Hunchback.  It seems like it'd be good Halloween viewing.  I saw the Disney Hunchback of Notre Dame in the 6th grade. I know the classic version will be better.

I saw DOA, the only thing I didn't like about it was the weird whistle sound every time O'Brien saw an attractive woman.  I loved loved the club he visits in that movie.

Haha. George Murphy wasn't bad. But he was no Gene Kelly.

Re: Rudy Vallee.  I know him from The Palm Beach Story.  But prior to that, I only knew him from his appearance as himself on the first episode of The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour.  I knew his song, "Bye Bye Sweetheart," and the "My Time is Your Time" which is the song Desi Arnaz and Cesar Romero made fun of in the show. 

I always thought Bogart was kind of cute in Casablanca.  That white dinner jacket is really working for him.

The 1939 HUNCHBACK will blow your mind.  That's all. (my Miranda Priestly impersonation)

It's actually not George Murphy in any musical sense that appeals to me, but a certain...how shall I say...fuddy-duddy authoritarian quality that really serves him well in TOM, DICK AND HARRY, CYNTHIA, and some others of that ilk I can't remember off the top of my head.  Curiously, Rudy Vallee, while demonstrating superior comedic skills in THE PALM BEACH STORY, THE BACHELOR AND THE BOBBY-SOXER and HTSIBWRT, also has that fuddy-duddy air about him.  Same thing with another of my heartthrobs, Nelson Eddy!  

Guess I just prefer the goodie-goodies to those bad boys, lol.

I like Bogart in a trenchcoat but must admit Alan Ladd looks much better in them.

Yeah, those corny wolf whistles in D.O.A.  What were they thinking?   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I'm attracted to Paul Douglas if we want to talk about atypical eye candy. He's a great big teddy bear, just love him

Yes!  He's normally not my type but you just know if Paul loved you, he'd give you the shirt off his back! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, laffite said:

Enjoying all this girl talk here. Who's the hunk, who's the punk, etc., eye candy from a feminine sweet tooth. Interesting because the matinee idols are not dominating the field. The rank and file are getting their fun in the sun. Wait to go, girls. So how about Wally Cox and his ilk. Any activity on the meter?

Hi, Lafitte!

I think the only female attracted to Wally is Agnes the computer on that TZ episode.

Then again, "she" seemed to fall in love with every guy who "worked" on her.  La donna mobile!

• Haha 1

John Garfield is another actor that is short but built well and I think is really hot.

Laffite, I am thinking of a Wally Cox type that I find attractive that is not Wally Cox.  That is a no-go for me.

Garfield is very sexy.  Huge ears but I think I could get past that.

Same thing with George Raft.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Garfield is very sexy.  Huge ears but I think I could get past that.

Same thing with George Raft.

Clark Gable also has giant ears.  Sometimes I think he's attractive and sometimes I think he looks like the guy from Mad Magazine.

George Raft isn't unattractive, but I find him so bland that he hardly registers a negative nor positive reaction for me.

• Haha 1

Speedracer, the only Wally Cox type who isn't Wally Cox -- what about John Qualen?  Scrawny of course but not without a certain everyman appeal.

6 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

Clark Gable also has giant ears.  Sometimes I think he's attractive and sometimes I think he looks like the guy from Mad Magazine.

George Raft isn't unattractive, but I find him so bland that he hardly registers a negative nor positive reaction for me.

LOL  I exactly what you mean about Clark.  And sometimes I also think he's rather ape-like in appearance.

Georgie lost his looks for me right after THEY DRIVE BY NIGHT.   He's a cutie-pie in SCARFACE.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

I think the only female attracted to Wally is Agnes the computer on that TZ episode.

Then again, "she" seemed to fall in love with every guy who "worked" on her.  La donna mobile!

Alas, poor Wally. Jilted by a perfidious puter.

• Haha 1

Paul Douglas is like the nicer Broderick Crawford.  

I love this description.  

Broderick Crawford.  NO.  Not even on a desert island.

• Haha 3

You all might be fascinated to know that I was once taken for Charles Bronson while sitting in a coffee shop in Columbus Circle. Please know that this is a true story because I have already posted this on the Board and I never lie twice. To be perfectly frank, I don't think a I look a bit like Mr Bronson (so you can ignore your meters now). I have been told more than once however that I resemble Captain Kangaroo (no lie). I'm not sure how the Captain does on a meter but I am not too hopeful.

• Haha 3

Lawrence A, great shot of Edmond as the poet in HUNCHBACK.  Thanks for uploading it for us.

I tell you that I have always thought Troy Donahue looked like The Creature From The Black Lagoon.

No, really.

(fish lips and just a certain hybrid marine quality.  Never more so than in MY BLOOD RUNS COLD.  Troy actually has a scene in a sea cave!)

• Haha 2

You know who also appeals to me?  I can NEVER remember the actor's name.  Scores of films but my old Baby Boomer memory fails me -- he was in the car with Robert Cummings, SABOTEUR, telling Bob how his mother loved to dress him up in girl's clothes and had his hair in ringlets as a child.  (that said it all very chillingly about the character)  I think the guy basically played upright types but can't be sure.  Taciturn, low-key, let's just say limited range but I'm drawn to him, lol.  Had a wooden way of talking, too.