Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 minutes ago, Hoganman1 said:

I'm also a fan of Marie Windsor. I think NARROW MARGIN might be my favorite of her films.

I'm struggling with the fact that we have to wait a month until Noir Alley returns. Hopefully. MOVIES will show some good noirs between now and then. I actually saw NIGHT EDITOR on that channel several months ago.I feel sure I'll be ready to see it again in September.  Maybe MOVIES will air us some Marie Windsor classics in August.  I think she and Audrey Totter are quickly becoming two of my favorite Noir ladies.  Of course, they'll never move ahead of Rita Hayworth.

Well August being Summer Under the Stars bumps almost everything.    De Havilland passing was special enough for TCM to change their SUTS schedule but in the past other actors have passed and TCM held off their tribute until September.     (and fans of these actors were vocal about that).

BUT I do wish TCM would feature a iconic noir actor on each Saturday of SUTS and have Eddie introduce 2 or so films in the evening.   Not the entire day of noir films but only a few.  E.g.  Bogie, Garfield,  Andrews,  Mitchum,   Windsor,   Totter,,  etc...        Show their non noir films for 3\4 of the 'day' and save a few noirs for Eddie and the evening.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Hoganman1 said:

I'm also a fan of Marie Windsor. I think NARROW MARGIN might be my favorite of her films.

I'm struggling with the fact that we have to wait a month until Noir Alley returns. Hopefully. MOVIES will show some good noirs between now and then. I actually saw NIGHT EDITOR on that channel several months ago.I feel sure I'll be ready to see it again in September.  Maybe MOVIES will air us some Marie Windsor classics in August.  I think she and Audrey Totter are quickly becoming two of my favorite Noir ladies.  Of course, they'll never move ahead of Rita Hayworth.

There's something about Audrey Totter that's just magnetic to me. I'm immensely drawn to her odd, strangely cruel, beauty.

3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Well August being Summer Under the Stars bumps almost everything.    De Havilland passing was special enough for TCM to change their SUTS schedule but in the past other actors have passed and TCM held off their tribute until September.     (and fans of these actors were vocal about that).

BUT I do wish TCM would feature a iconic noir actor on each Saturday of SUTS and have Eddie introduce 2 or so films in the evening.   Not the entire day of noir films but only a few.  E.g.  Bogie, Garfield,  Andrews,  Mitchum,   Windsor,   Totter,,  etc...        Show their non noir films for 3\4 of the 'day' and save a few noirs for Eddie and the evening.

I agree with this idea.  Eddie could still host Noir Alley--just have one of the stars from the film be SUTS that day. 

I re-watched Night Editor yesterday.  If you haven't seen it, probably worth watching.  

Ironically it is in a DVD set with One Girl's Confession, Women's Prison and Over-Exposed.  Cleo Moore is on these three.  The set is Bad Girls or Film Noir, Vol 2.  The ones with Moore are better with her just being a bad girl or almost bad girl or bad girl becomes better.  Whereas Janis Carter is pure evil in Editor and stays that way all through the movie.  She looks the part and acts the part.

22 minutes ago, TheCid said:

I re-watched Night Editor yesterday.  If you haven't seen it, probably worth watching.  

Ironically it is in a DVD set with One Girl's Confession, Women's Prison and Over-Exposed.  Cleo Moore is on these three.  The set is Bad Girls or Film Noir, Vol 2.  The ones with Moore are better with her just being a bad girl or almost bad girl or bad girl becomes better.  Whereas Janis Carter is pure evil in Editor and stays that way all through the movie.  She looks the part and acts the part.

Saw One Girl's Confession the other day on MOVIES-TV as part of either their all day Thursday noir or Sunday night noir.   

One_Girl's_Confession_FilmPoster.jpeg

4 hours ago, SadPanda said:

"I'm the kind of girl every man wants - but shouldn't marry!"

Wonder why that would be?

Ask Liz or Zsa Zsa.

Oh wait, they're both dead, huh.

Now, lemme see. What actresses have been married many many MANY times and who are still alive?

Oh YEAH, I'VE got IT.

(...ask Jennifer O'Neill)

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Ask Liz or Zsa Zsa.

Oh wait, they're both dead, huh.

Now, lemme see. What actresses have been married many many MANY times and who are still alive?

Oh YEAH, I'VE got IT.

(...ask Jennifer O'Neill)

Jennifer isn't the girl on the cover.

7 minutes ago, SadPanda said:

Jennifer isn't the girl on the cover.

Well, you can't ask Cleo Moore that question, now can ya?! 'Cause she's dead too, ya know.

(...died quite young in fact at age 48, back in '73...yeah, I just looked that up, although I did know she died fairly young)

2 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Well, you can't ask Cleo Moore that question, now can ya?! 'Cause she's dead too, ya know.

I thought the woman on the cover was a fictional character. A woman who wouldn't be faithful kinda woman.

1 minute ago, SadPanda said:

Not only does she cheat, she smokes. Yecch.

That's the impression I get from the poster, anyway.

Ya know, now that you mentioned this, that poster almost looks like an old cigarette ad, don't it?!

(..."Hi, Cleo Moore here, and my doctor recommends Chesterfields for his patients who smoke!")

• Haha 1
Just now, Dargo said:

Ya know, now that you mentioned this, that poster almost looks like an old cigarette ad, don't it?!

(..."Hi, Cleo Moore here, and my doctor recommends Chesterfields for his patients who smoke!")

*cough*

10 hours ago, Dargo said:

I have a DVD of old TV commercials that I play while using my exercise bike.  The tobacco commercials are some of my favorites and many featured prominent actors/athletes or physician recommendations.

As with most posters of that era, it is somewhat misleading.  Cleo Moore character was not that bad of a girl.  One placed into poor circumstances and takes a wrong turn to get out of a bad life.  Manipulates the legal system, but then has a change of heart and does the right thing by accident, but accepts it as being the right thing to do.

1 hour ago, TheCid said:

As with most posters of that era, it is somewhat misleading.  Cleo Moore character was not that bad of a girl.  One placed into poor circumstances and takes a wrong turn to get out of a bad life.  Manipulates the legal system, but then has a change of heart and does the right thing by accident, but accepts it as being the right thing to do.

She did those things only because of the production code.    (this is a lame joke,  but it does have a point).

2 hours ago, TheCid said:

No need to watch that one, I guess. Thanks for the time-saver.

So I guess saying men shouldn't marry her type of woman isn't to be taken as gospel.

2 hours ago, SadPanda said:

No need to watch that one, I guess. Thanks for the time-saver.

So I guess saying men shouldn't marry her type of woman isn't to be taken as gospel.

It is worth watching.  Cleo Moore does a very good job and even Hugo Haas is OK.  It's all about the journey.

• Like 1

KMS15-1587494428-2778-movie-NightHoldsTe

NOIR THURSDAY is back on Movies! over-the-air channel (free with antenna): https://moviestvnetwork.com/

Blonde Ice (1:25 am Pacific) (4:25 am Eastern)

I Died a Thousand Times

Johnny Eager

Red Light

The Fallen Sparrow

The Strange One

Overexposed

Detour

Lady in the Lake

The Brothers Rico

The Dark Past

The Night Holds Terror

Scarlet Street

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Davehat said:

KMS15-1587494428-2778-movie-NightHoldsTe

NOIR THURSDAY is back on Movies! over-the-air channel (free with antenna): https://moviestvnetwork.com/

Blonde Ice (1:25 am Pacific) (4:25 am Eastern)

I Died a Thousand Times

Johnny Eager

Red Light

The Fallen Sparrow

The Strange One

Overexposed

Detour

Lady in the Lake

The Brothers Rico

The Dark Past

The Night Holds Terror

Scarlet Street

Thanks, but Movies TV is no longer available in my area.  The TV station that carried it switched to another system.