Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

14 hours ago, cigarjoe said:

Maybe you just haven't watched enough of them...

You're right. Seen too few to become jaded ... yet.

But yes, a picture entitled BRUTE FORCE doesn't sound like there's a whole heckuva lotta nuance goin' on. But the ladies are nice. Not nuanced though.

59 minutes ago, laffite said:

You're right. Seen too few to become jaded ... yet.

But yes, a picture entitled BRUTE FORCE doesn't sound like there's a whole heckuva lotta nuance goin' on. But the ladies are nice. Not nuanced though.

Ya know lafiite, back in the day there was talk for awhile about doin' a remake of this movie and it starring Joe Namath. Well, before it was discovered in that biker flick he did, C.C  and Company, that Joe just couldn't act.

And so, the closest this thing ever came to fruition was him doin' these series of television commercials here...

hqdefault.jpg

(...yep, you got it...sometimes this stuff just writes itself...and thus my way of a disclaimer if you didn't find this funny)  ;) 

27 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Ya know lafiite, back in the day there was talk for awhile about doin' a remake of this movie and it starring Joe Namath. Well, before it was discovered in that biker flick he did, C.C  and Company, that Joe just couldn't act.

And so, the closest this thing ever came to fruition was him doin' these series of television commercials here...

hqdefault.jpg

(...yep, you got it...sometimes this stuff just writes itself...and thus my way of a disclaimer if you didn't find this funny)  ;) 

The burning question might be given recent palaver here, how does he look in a t-shirt? I mean if he passes that test, who needs to act.

On 8/11/2020 at 12:52 AM, laffite said:

I don't think so. But once the cameras move into the cell blocks, there are things more revealing than mere undershirts. How about all those guys showing their hirsute barrelled chests. But as subtext, the answer is no. It's not Brute Force. :)

I'm having a nightmare flashback of thinking I had seen parts of this movie including a barechested John Hoyt.   Ugh!!

On 8/11/2020 at 6:47 AM, cigarjoe said:

No, lol, I'm beyond nuances, lol. 

cronyn brute force

Hume Cronyn wearing the "wife beater" undershirt and carrying a rubber hose in Brute Force

Maybe you just haven't watched enough of them....

I just lost my dinner, lol.   

That photo is all kinds of wrong, if you know what I mean....

• Haha 1
On 8/11/2020 at 6:47 AM, cigarjoe said:

cronyn brute force

Hume Cronyn wearing the "wife beater" undershirt and carrying a rubber hose in Brute Force

Maybe you just haven't watched enough of them....

Um coming into the party late....YIPES what a movie still! How did THAT get past the censors?

Everyone's grandfather wore those undershirts. In my house these were referred to as "under shirts" or if for girls a "tank top". 

SooDisney74.jpg.282e2e76a529126391e650343a763551.jpg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Um coming into the party late....YIPES what a movie still! How did THAT get past the censors?

Everyone's grandfather wore those undershirts. In my house these were referred to as "under shirts" or if for girls a "tank top". 

Of course the difference as I see it is that for men it was an "under " shirt, whereas for women it was intended to be an outer garment.  My father wore those type shirts, but never without a regular shirt over it - even when working around the house or in the yard in 90 degree weather.

7 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Who's the cutie sportin' the tank top here, Tiki?

(...would that be you back in the day?)

cronyn_brute_force.jpg?resize=400,300&ss

19 hours ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

I just lost my dinner, lol.   

That photo is all kinds of wrong, if you know what I mean....

Yeah Bronxie, and besides the unfortunate placement of the rubber hose, another thing that appears kind'a "wrong" to me in this shot is that Hume's head seems a little oversized for the rest of his body, wouldn't ya say?

• Like 1

While most inmates hated him, a few looked forward to a night time visit from Munsey 

and his long black snake to their lonely cells. 

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

cronyn_brute_force.jpg?resize=400,300&ss

Yeah Bronxie, and besides the unfortunate placement of the rubber hose, another thing that appears kind'a "wrong" to me in this shot is that Hume's head seems a little oversized for the rest of his body, wouldn't ya say?

Well, he did have a swelled head, you know. I think he got an operation so he could better be in character..

Ill leave the other thing alone.

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

While most inmates hated him, a few looked forward to a night time visit from Munsey 

and his long black snake to their lonely cells. 

...while the other guys were watching a movie. I had asked earlier on, does anyone know the movie that was showing. You could only glimpse of it but if you've seen it, it should be immediately recognizable. Anyone who has not seen recently might have trouble coming up with it. The scene they showed was pretty indicative of the movie.

3 minutes ago, laffite said:

...and ?

re: the movie in the picture you posted, the contrast is WAY UP and the actors onscreen look almost faceless. I genuinely can't recognize the film, it looks like they're playing foozeball?

RmXZG0I.jpg

1 hour ago, laffite said:

...while the other guys were watching a movie. I had asked earlier on, does anyone know the movie that was showing. You could only glimpse of it but if you've seen it, it should be immediately recognizable. Anyone who has not seen recently might have trouble coming up with it. The scene they showed was pretty indicative of the movie.

On my honor as a former Boy Scout I did recognize the scene was from The Egg and I, though I could just barely

make out that it's Fred MacMurray and Claudette Colbert in the picture, perhaps with a pan of chicks between

them or maybe those are sweet buns. I didn't watch Brute Force when it was on a little while ago, but I've seen

it a number of times. A very entertaining, gritty prison flick. The funny thing about Cronyn is how tough he is

compared to his rather unimpressive physique.

13 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

On my honor as a former Boy Scout I did recognize the scene was from The Egg and I, though I could just barely

make out that it's Fred MacMurray and Claudette Colbert in the picture, perhaps with a pan of chicks between

them or maybe those are sweet buns. I didn't watch Brute Force when it was on a little while ago, but I've seen

it a number of times. A very entertaining, gritty prison flick. The funny thing about Cronyn is how tough he is

compared to his rather unimpressive physique.

Boy Scout's honor is good enough for me. I remember being a Cub Scout, not sure if they any honor or not. A pan of chicks, I think. Maybe Cronyn's limited physical appearance makes him all the more odious, the little man with authority (and could wield a mighty hose).

6 hours ago, laffite said:

Boy Scout's honor is good enough for me. I remember being a Cub Scout, not sure if they any honor or not. A pan of chicks, I think. Maybe Cronyn's limited physical appearance makes him all the more odious, the little man with authority (and could wield a mighty hose).

I was also a Cub Scout. Sure, they have honor. Maybe Boy Scouts have a smidgen more honor, about 1/4 of a

merit badge's worth.  Yes, on the outside Munsey is just another regular civilian. In the hoosegow he's the man.

The man with a rubber hose who knows how to use it.