Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 minute ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I goofed again. 

Im rusty. 

I wasn't sure if you were saying that Keith Carradine was in Bound for Glory, or that Robert Altman made Bound for Glory. Either way, it's not the case, but I wasn't sure in which direction.

Don't feel too badly. We all get confused at times. At least you didn't confuse him with Robert Carradine.

2754.gif

Console yourself with this:

https://www.badmoviebible.com/single-post/2017/08/10/VIDEO-Top-10-Stupid-Things-in-Jaws-3-D-and-Jaws-The-Revenge

• Thanks 1
33 minutes ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

The Carradine brothers all look so much alike, it can be all too easy to confuse who is who. 

Personally Keith has always been my favorite.

thank you.

Keith hosted a recent western retrospective on TCM and he looked INCREDIBLE. Like, "made a deal with Satan/has a hideous personal portrait in the attic" levels of INCREDIBLE.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Yeah, I thought Keith Carradine was in BOUND FOR GLORY...

(I have a big hole in my film savvy when it comes to the 1970s)

5 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Yeah, I thought Keith Carradine was in BOUND FOR GLORY...

(I have a big hole in my film savvy when it comes to the 1970s)

You didnt miss much..........

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

The Carradine brothers all look so much alike, it can be all too easy to confuse who is who. 

Personally Keith has always been my favorite.

YES. I havent seen him recently, but he was so yummy in Nashville.......

Just now, LawrenceA said:

Keith Carradine can be seen Sunday nights most weeks on CBS in Madame Secretary,playing the President of the United States.

madam-secretary-cast-keith.jpg

Not bad at all! He must be in his 60s by now, I would think.......

2 minutes ago, Palmerin said:

If this has not been asked already, I will ask it now:

will Muller eventually present post-big studio noir such as Polanski's CHINATOWN?

How would any of us know that?

Probably not, though. Unless it's on the new later in the evening version of Noir Alley, coming soon.

2 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Unless it's on the new later in the evening version of Noir Alley, coming soon.

Didn't know about that one; could you please tell me more? 

And would you regard Corman's THE SAINT VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE as a movie appropriate for the noir genre?

43 minutes ago, Palmerin said:

Didn't know about that one; could you please tell me more? 

And would you regard Corman's THE SAINT VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE as a movie appropriate for the noir genre?

Starting in March, there will be another Noir Alley showing on Saturday nights at 12:00 AM EST.

No, The St. Valentine's Day Massacre isn't noir, in my book, but rather a regular crime drama, made due to the renewed interest in 20's/30's criminals brought on by TV's The Untouchables and boosted even more by Bonnie & Clyde.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

Starting in March, there will be another Noir Alley showing on Saturday nights at 12:00 AM EST.

No, The St. Valentine's Day Massacre isn't noir, in my book, but rather a regular crime drama, made due to the renewed interest in 20's/30's criminals brought on by TV's The Untouchables and boosted even more by Bonnie & Clyde.

It's watchable, but certainly not up there with BONNIE & CLYDE. 

It's fun to watch, if only for Jason Robards' over-the-top performance as Al Capone.

If you need a Noir fix during Feb., try Fox Movie Channel between 3:00 AM and 3:00 PM ET.  Usually without any commercials.  Also, Movies! TV network frequently shows some noirish movies.

• Thanks 3
On 2/2/2018 at 9:45 AM, LornaHansonForbes said:

thank you.

Keith hosted a recent western retrospective on TCM and he looked INCREDIBLE. Like, "made a deal with Satan/has a hideous personal portrait in the attic" levels of INCREDIBLE.

...and he's "easy".

• Haha 3
18 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

I agree with you there, I just watched The St. Valentine's Day Massacre about a week ago.

But another crime drama that was on recently also Murder, Inc. (1960), starring Stuart Whitman, May Britt, Henry Morgan, Peter Falk, Simon Oakland, and Vincent Gardenia was close to a Noir, it had the Dutch angles and some stylistics in enough shots to get that noir tuning fork vibrating. I've now seen enough Classic Noir and Neo Noir, to actually say that between the two there is a third, what I'm now calling Transitional Noir that bridges the gap. 

Noir was transitioning/morphing into Neo Noir. With the end of studio "B" film production and the weakening of the Motion Picture Production Code, Classic Noir unraveled. Crime stories were syphoning off to TV.  Poverty Row, Independent, and other low budget film creators were taking more artistic liberties, and making films targeting certain demographics. So those Film Noir that went too far over the line depicting violence started getting classified as Horror, Thriller (even though they were just say, showing the effects of a gunshot wound, or dealing with weird or kinky serial killers, maniacs, and psychotics, etc.). Hitchcock's Psycho (1960) opened that tangent. Those that went too far depicting sexual, drug, torture, juvenile delinquency, etc., storylines and situations were now being lumped into, or classed as various Exploitation flicks, (even though they are relatively tame comparably to today's films). The noir-ish films that dealt with everything else, except Crime, concerning the human condition were labeled Dramas and Suspense. Those that tried new techniques, lenses, etc., were labeled Experimental films.

• Like 1
On 2/2/2018 at 8:16 PM, ChristineHoard said:

I laughed because what you said was funny but, come on, there were some good flicks in the Seventies.

Yes, I know. But I wasnt putting down 70s movies specifically, but the decade as a whole (having been there)...

On 2/3/2018 at 11:05 AM, LornaHansonForbes said:

HAH! Guess what’s coming on TCM tonight? 

BOUND FOR GLORY. 

Its getting in a neck and neck with ICE STATUON ZEBRA for number of airings!

(Oh Oscar month! From Hell’s heart I stab at thee...)

Yeah, I watched part of it as nothing else was on. Hell, Zebra was on the next day, Sunday again! :( 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Hibi said:

Yeah, I watched part of it as nothing else was on. Hell, Zebra was on the next day, Sunday again! :( 

PART OF ME WONDERS IF THIS IS TROLLING ON THE PART OF THE SCHEDULERS (oops, caps lock) directed at the weekend hosts. Think about it, if you had to find something to say 12+ times a year about ICE STATION ZEBRA, you'd think of quitting too.

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

PART OF ME WONDERS IF THIS IS TROLLING ON THE PART OF THE SCHEDULERS (oops, caps lock) directed at the weekend hosts. Think about it, if you had to find something to say 12+ times a year about ICE STATION ZEBRA, you'd think of quitting too.

LOL!