Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

5 hours ago, Hibi said:

SPOILER ALERT.

I didnt catch on to the ladies' heist [in NO QUESTIONS ASKED] right away, but I thought at the time the blonde was NOT attractive!!!... I thought Bill made a pretty dame!

the voices tipped me off.

attractive or not though, you gotta admit- that was some A+ DRAG. The contouring, the padding, the accessories, and a wig so good- it fooled a white woman ("no, no, she was a natural blonde. I could tell")

SOME LIKE IT HOT + BONNIE AND CLYDE = unexplored potential

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

the voices tipped me off.

attractive or not though, you gotta admit- that was some A+ DRAG. The contouring, the padding, the accessories, and a wig so good- it fooled a white woman ("no, no, she was a natural blonde. I could tell")

SOME LIKE IT HOT + BONNIE AND CLYDE = unexplored potential

LOL. 2 White women! I think one was Bess Flowers the ubiquitous movie extra......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

That statement is so out of touch with what has been going on,  I'm going to pretend you spend all of your time watching studio era movies.    ;)

I don't know what you are talking about, but I do spend all of my (free) time watching studio era movies!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

NOTICE HOW THE POSITIONING OF THE WRAP AND MULTIPLE STRANDS OF PEARLS OBSCURE THE WIDENESS OF THE SHOULDERS.

f4abbad43cc93db2fb4f91019a76994f.jpg

YES. Good job!

2 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

and the other?

none other than J. Edgar Hoover.

and now you know the REST of the STORY...

GOODDAY

Now there was one ugly dame!!

2 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

that IS true. Unless it was over the head, there was no positioning of a fur that would make him a passable woman.

Maybe if the fur was worn over his face?? :D

3 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Is your hair orange?   ;)

I still don't know what you are talking about. But I have established two things. You are angry about something and you and I are not Trump fans.  My cat's fur is orange though, so watch it.

• Haha 1
On 3/25/2018 at 12:16 PM, LornaHansonForbes said:

FYI, it’s not a major major twist, but it is a rather surprising twist that happens at the half hour mark of NO QUESTIONS ASKED, Although from that point on the film really ratchets up the pacing and suspense. I liked it a lot.

I thought something was off about the two women.  It was diabolically clever, and a very good noir.  I liked how Barry Sullivan's character goes from honest and rather dull to shrewd and unethical, a border-line criminal himself.  Arlene Dahl had the perfect look of a femme fatale.

• Thanks 1

If you want to see Frank Sinatra play a really bad guy check out SUDDENLY as this week's noir.  I don't know how "noirish" it is but it's a tightly woven little thriller co-starring Sterling Hayden and James Gleason.  Highly recommended.

• Like 2

I pulled up the schedule and noted some good ones coming up.  Apparently on Saturdays at Midnight.

Suddenly (04/08) is fairly interesting, but I am not a big Sinatra fan.  To me Cry Danger (04/22) is much more interesting.  Watch for the instrument cluster in the Nash that Richard Erdman drives. The Narrow Margin (05/06) is a really good movie. Charles McGraw and Marie Windsor do excellent in it.

QUESTION.  Is Noir Alley showing at Midnight Saturday/Sunday and then repeating same movie at 10 AM Sunday morning?

http://noiralley.tcm.com/schedule

2 hours ago, TheCid said:

QUESTION.  Is Noir Alley showing at Midnight Saturday/Sunday and then repeating same movie at 10 AM Sunday morning?

http://noiralley.tcm.com/schedule

Yes.  They added an extra showing Saturday evening.  I am so glad they did this because previously Noir Alley was on at 7AM Sunday morning, which for me is not a noir time.  9pm Saturday night works way better for me. 

• Thanks 1

you know, it's funny, i've never seen SUDDENLY (1954) even though I am a big fan of that year's film output and it's in the Public Domain.

was this Sinatra's immediate follow up after winning the Oscar?

it sounds a bit like THE DESPERATE HOURS (195?) with Frederic March, Bogart and the LEAVE IT TO BEAVER HOUSE, TCM showed it a long while back and I recall loving it.

1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

you know, it's funny, i've never seen SUDDENLY (1954) even though I am a big fan of that year's film output and it's in the Public Domain.

was this Sinatra's immediate follow up after winning the Oscar?

it sounds a bit like THE DESPERATE HOURS (195?) with Frederic March, Bogart and the LEAVE IT TO BEAVER HOUSE, TCM showed it a long while back and I recall loving it.

Yes, it's his follow-up.  I like THE DESPERATE HOURS, too (TCM needs to run it again).  The similarities are two families trapped in their homes by vicious killers but everything else is different.  SUDDENLY is really good; it's been a few years since I've seen it and I'm very much looking forward to it.

• Thanks 1

I often watch it again because it's a good flick plus it's only 77 minutes

long. Wearing that hat, I almost expect Frankie to break into Witchcraft

between rifle sightings. 

• Haha 1

I enjoyed SUDDENLY. As Vautrin said, it's only 77 minutes, always a plus for me ( I lose interest quickly.)

When watching films such as this one, where there are characters who are being chased or being kept hostage, I start to think of whether or not I would be so quick to think of ways to escape like they do. Heck, even the little boy was scheming! I do this even when reading real life stories of these same situations. In my case, the answer is sadly, No.

• Haha 1