Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 hour ago, nakano said:

She was a host 2 or 3  years ago,nobody complained why she was   there.She looks great so what? As for Eddie 'falling,'for her, he surely knows she  playS for the other team..She will be back for The Glass Wall in 2 weeks so more eye candy.If the Gloria Grahame thing is so important they could have flown in Peter Turner from the UK (Grahame last boyfriend for several years) but TCM will not do it,they petered out their budget on lousy graphics and bad other things.

She's a LESBIAN? I guess I missed her previous hosting. Nothing else to do, I guess........Thanks for The Glass Wall warning. I'll skip it.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

Shirley MacLaine, btw. 

By the way, THOMPSON, would you prefer that all women die at age 64 so you don't have to see (gasp!) 'bits' of cleavage on a woman once she turns 65? 

She’s the same age as me, for what that’s worth, we would have been in junior high-school together (gasp!).  No, the cleavage simply doesn’t work.  There is no eye candy there (well, maybe Eddie thinks so) so why show it.  You don’t show off varicose vein legs.  But I’m not a t!t man so it’s probably just me.

Gloria Grahame died on october 5th 1981 so i guess the Noir Alley of the weekend of Glass Wall is for the 40th anniversary,I think Delany hosted a week if not more.She is not a film star now but then TCM could have asked people who knew Grahame well and are alive like her son Timothy still alive at 73,whatever... the budget is gone anyway...

11 minutes ago, nakano said:

Gloria Grahame died on october 5th 1981 so i guess the Noir Alley of the weekend of Glass Wall is for the 40th anniversary,I think Delany hosted a week if not more.She is not a film star now but then TCM could have asked people who knew Grahame well and are alive like her son Timothy still alive at 73,whatever... the budget is gone anyway...

She was NEVER a film star, though she did appear in some movies. (Delany)

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Hoganman1 said:

I enjoyed HUMAN DESIRE too. I like Gloria Grahame and Glenn Ford.  I also really like Dana Delaney. It's interesting she's such a big fan of Grahame.  I look forward to her return next week when they show THE GLASS WALL another Grahame noir. Hopefully we'll learn if Delaney ever met Gloria  Grahame and if they ever spent time together. 

Read the plot summary on Wikipedia for The Glass Wall and sounds moderately interesting since I have never seen it.  Plan to watch it and be sure to watch "old, lesbian hag" Dana Delaney. 😄

4 hours ago, Hibi said:

My question too.  WHY was she there? Eddie must be in love with her.

As I explained sometime back and has also been noted since, Delaney is a big fan of Gloria Graham and has studied her work and written about her.  

3 hours ago, Shank Asu said:

I was curious as well why Delaney was co-hosting.  Not complaining about it, just curious.  And how is she getting younger?

It did feel like she was spouting out fact after fact at a rapid rate like she was trying to prove that she deserved to co-hosting.

What do you mean be "getting younger?" 

Probably "spouting out fact after fact at a rapid rate" as she has a vast knowledge of Graham and trying to get as much out there as possible in the brief time allowed.  And yes she did deserve to be co-hosting as much as a younger woman or any member of the army of old men TCM brings out.

1 hour ago, Thompson said:

She’s the same age as me, for what that’s worth, we would have been in junior high-school together (gasp!).  No, the cleavage simply doesn’t work.  There is no eye candy there (well, maybe Eddie thinks so) so why show it.  You don’t show off varicose vein legs.  But I’m not a t!t man so it’s probably just me.

So, are you saying you are too old to appear on TCM?

Why are males(?) here so obsessed with the  small amount of cleavage Delaney was showing?  Or her legs. 

I have a 55 inch HD TV and I did not notice any varicose veins and I used to work in a medical program.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
5 minutes ago, Hibi said:

So Delany is a writer now and a Grahame expert? Has she written a bio of Grahame?

Did I say she was an "expert"?  Does someone have to write a book to be an expert?  Do they have to be book writer and expert to appear as a TCM host or co-host/presenter?  How many TCM hosts, including Robert Osborne, wrote books about the people they discussed and/or presented movies featuring them?

As someone noted above, she wrote a lengthy article for the Film Noir Foundation magazine about Graham and possibly more.

Suffice it to say, Eddie Muller thought she was knowledgeable enough and articulate enough and interesting enough to be a presenter/co-host on Gloria Graham.   I certainly think so.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I don't see much "noir" in The Glass Wall;   MOVIES-TV shows the film a lot.     Mostly the film is an immigration procedural.

Only 80 minutes it is worth seeing at least once.

You may be right.  I have several DVD sets of Noir movies and some have the disease movies in them as Noirs.  I guess they are, but to me it is a stretch the way I consider Noir.

ELCID, I’m not sure what I said an hour ago either.  But she does not have varicose veins, that was a not what I was getting at.  If you have thick ankles and heavy calves you don’t advertise them.  If you have big saggy cow udders you keep them to yourself, IMO.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

I don't see much "noir" in The Glass Wall;   MOVIES-TV shows the film a lot.     Mostly the film is an immigration procedural.

Only 80 minutes it is worth seeing at least once.

Noir enough for me.  Gloria, Vittorio Gassman,  You got an alien obsessed with finding a sponsor New York City circa 1950s  and Jack Teagarden

k7XHkv8.jpg

GCkPFs6.jpg

nqRhagn.jpg

QyuiNYB.jpg

iFbVBZp.png

Ioke52R.png

ky8TQo6.png

3Attf1T.jpg

Jack Teagarden

5miptO2.jpg

ABI8gUz.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Thompson said:

ELCID, I’m not sure what I said an hour ago either.  But she does not have varicose veins, that was a not what I was getting at.  If you have thick ankles and heavy calves you don’t advertise them.  If you have big saggy cow udders you keep them to yourself, IMO.

Now that is what I call both sexist and ageist.  And I'm an old male!

What is she supposed to do, wear pants and a blouse/dress up to her throat?  You might wish to get a job with the Taliban as a female clothing consultant. 

EDIT:  I quoted what you said and hour ago - "varicose vein legs."

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, ElCid said:

What do you mean be "getting younger?" 

Probably "spouting out fact after fact at a rapid rate" as she has a vast knowledge of Graham and trying to get as much out there as possible in the brief time allowed.  And yes she did deserve to be co-hosting as much as a younger woman or any member of the army of old men TCM brings out.

Just saying she looks like she hasn't aged since Tombstone- nothing more.  Not being critical of anything with regards of her age or how she looks- not sure what you mean with the comment of army of old men.  You say she's written a book on Grahame, so that would answer my question on why she would be co-hosting.  Although my 

31 minutes ago, Hibi said:

She was NEVER a film star, though she did appear in some movies. (Delany)

I presume  she is the equivalent of Robert Osborne (he has made a few films) I guess. but he did ok as a host!😉 i think she was good with Eddie,she is not an historian and Mueller is not as well but he is knowledgeable.You do not need Jeanine Basinger to have a conversation for 5 minutes, a very good articulated fan can do it also . Delany was there as a fan that's all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Shank Asu said:

Just saying she looks like she hasn't aged since Tombstone- nothing more.  Not being critical of anything with regards of her age or how she looks- not sure what you mean with the comment of army of old men.  You say she's written a book on Grahame, so that would answer my question on why she would be co-hosting.  Although my 

May have misinterpreted the intent of your "getting younger" statement.  The comment re: an army of old men was in reference to all the criticisms of Delaney re: her knowledge base, appearance, age, etc.  which no one ever seems to make about all the ugly, old men that TCM has used in the same context.  

I said she wrote an article and maybe more, not a book.  Maybe now she will.  However, I have never read a book on any motion picture or TV person nor do I intend to.  Too many far more enjoyable things to read.

30 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Did I say she was an "expert"?  Does someone have to write a book to be an expert?  Do they have to be book writer and expert to appear as a TCM host or co-host/presenter?  How many TCM hosts, including Robert Osborne, wrote books about the people they discussed and/or presented movies featuring them?

As someone noted above, she wrote a lengthy article for the Film Noir Foundation magazine about Graham and possibly more.

Suffice it to say, Eddie Muller thought she was knowledgeable enough and articulate enough and interesting enough to be a presenter/co-host on Gloria Graham.   I certainly think so.

Obviously not, from the people appearing on TCM lately! :D But then it's almost always been this way on TCM. There's usually some sort of tie in or something they want to sell......

1 minute ago, ElCid said:

May have misinterpreted the intent of your "getting younger" statement.  The comment re: an army of old men was in reference to all the criticisms of Delaney re: her knowledge base, appearance, age, etc.  which no one ever seems to make about all the ugly, old men that TCM has used in the same context.  

I said she wrote an article and maybe more, not a book.  Maybe now she will.  However, I have never read a book on any motion picture or TV person nor do I intend to.  Too many far more enjoyable things to read.

You've never read a book about a movie or any biography about a star?

4 minutes ago, nakano said:

I presume  she is the equivalent of Robert Osborne (he has made a few films) I guess. but he did ok as a host!😉 i think she was good with Eddie,she is not an historian and Mueller is not as well but he is knowledgeable.You do not need Jeanine Basinger to have a conversation for 5 minutes, a very good articulated fan can do it also . Delany was there as a fan that's all.

Yes, that's true. You need to be presentable and know how to talk for 5 mins. on a subject and have some knowledge of what you are talking about.

What does ageist mean?  I could comment on the stupid boots that Ben wears, so out of place, they stand out like a sore thumb.  Eddie is all this and that with his ensemble but it comes across as phony with the color coordinated silk handkerchief.  Then I’ll badmouth the redhead from Australia.  Yes, she should have worn pants and a blouse buttoned up high.

23 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Noir enough for me.  Gloria, Vittorio Gassman,  You got an alien obsessed with finding a sponsor New York City circa 1950s  and Jack Teagarden

k7XHkv8.jpg

GCkPFs6.jpg

nqRhagn.jpg

QyuiNYB.jpg

iFbVBZp.png

Ioke52R.png

ky8TQo6.png

3Attf1T.jpg

Jack Teagarden

5miptO2.jpg

ABI8gUz.png

What year was this made? I've never seen or heard of it. Columbia?

2 minutes ago, Thompson said:

What does ageist mean?  I could comment on the stupid boots that Ben wears, so out of place, they stand out like a sore thumb.  Eddie is all this and that with his ensemble but it comes across as phony with the color coordinated silk handkerchief.  Then I’ll badmouth the redhead from Australia.  Yes, she should have worn pants and a blouse buttoned up high.

So you lack class in all areas and not just towards old people.      I'm teasing you,  but really that is how you're coming off IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Thompson said:

Ageist:  "characterized by or showing prejudice or discrimination on the grounds of a person's age."  In this context, making discriminatory posts about Delaney because of her age.  Comments that you would apparently make any woman of the same age and appearance.  

You are also making discriminatory comments re: her personal appearance.

"Yes, she [Delaney] should have worn pants and a blouse buttoned up high."  Maybe a bag over her head as well and cut her hair off?  Perhaps,  an hajib or abaya and mask as well?

As for Eddie Muller's attire, it is his homage to the era of the classic Film Noirs.  That is what men wore back than.  You have something against redheads or just those from Australia?

• Like 2