Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

June Blair was Playboy's Playmate of the Month,  the same year Hell Bound came out (1957).     Here is a photo where she is paying a lot of attention to her feet.

Don't know if the photo was  taken on a train or not.

Margaret June Blair (born October 20, 1933, San Francisco, California) is  an American model and actress. She is best known for being Playboy  magazine's Playmate of the Month for its January 1957

Not on a train - not big enough.  One of the misconceptions re: passenger trains and cars is how spacious they are based on what is in the movies.  Most times, the studios built special sets so the rooms and other areas would be larger than in reality.  They would also reduce the number of people in the club car, diners and so forth.

I think the director of Murder on the Orient Express (1974) intentionally used sets with accurate spacing, particularly in the bedroom scenes.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Not on a train - not big enough.  One of the misconceptions re: passenger trains and cars is how spacious they are based on what is in the movies.  Most times, the studios built special sets so the rooms and other areas would be larger than in reality.  They would also reduce the number of people in the club car, diners and so forth.

I think the director of Murder on the Orient Express (1974) intentionally used sets with accurate spacing, particularly in the bedroom scenes.

Of course I knew the photo wasn't taken on a train.   I was just making a joke since the other poster mentioned that Hell Bound featured a feet fetish and trains. 

Also,   who cares about trains when there is a photo of a Playmate of the Year.     Even Casey Jones wouldn't  go there.

Do You Remember... "Casey Jones"

Heck, I'm old enough to remember wondering how in the world Ozzie and Harriet's BORING son ended up getting a hot babe like June up there to marry him.

(...she was WAY hotter than that Harmon girl Ricky married, ya know)  ;)

On 9/21/2021 at 5:42 PM, misswonderly3 said:

Nakano,  not to be contradictory,  but I'm pretty sure TCM has shown The Glass Wall before,  although not on Noir Alley.

Oh, wait,  sorry,  you're saying another film,  Naked Alibi,  has never played on TCM.  Never seen it, you're probably right about that one.

My,my...yes it was about Naked Alibi but for your info The Glass Wall was played only 2 times before the  next 2 Noir Alley showings

Gloria really deserves to have a good biography written about her.  I didn't like Suicide Blonde, and not only because the catchy name is so misleading.   It's a thin 183 page bio that seems mainly drawn from the author's interviews with her sister Joy Mitchum.  The other book Nakano mentioned is better, imo,  but it deals mainly with her work.

13 hours ago, Dargo said:

Heck, I'm old enough to remember wondering how in the world Ozzie and Harriet's BORING son ended up getting a hot babe like June up there to marry him.

I forgot about that.     June was added to the cast of the T.V. show.

130 June Blair ideas in 2021 | david nelson, blair, ricky nelson

On 9/22/2021 at 5:12 PM, JamesJazGuitar said:

Of course I knew the photo wasn't taken on a train.   I was just making a joke since the other poster mentioned that Hell Bound featured a feet fetish and trains. 

Also,   who cares about trains when there is a photo of a Playmate of the Year.     Even Casey Jones wouldn't  go there.

Do You Remember... "Casey Jones"

There are no trains at all, other than the street car graveyard and maybe a couple of scrap metal gondola cars in a wrecking yard. That I can remember. Boats yes trains no. 

Anyway watch for Del Berti as the blind pusher "watching" a strip show while drinking a glass of milk. It's quite memorable.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Dargo said:

No, Dave was a sweetheart. He became an attorney, he took care of Rick's kids financially and made very smart investments for them.,  He took care of Ozzie when Ozzie had colon cancer. Don't say anything bad about Dave or Ricky, or else! LOL ( teasing,you know you're my buddy dargo, but I loved those boys)June was on  an episode of Million Dollar Listing LA,  a few years ago. she wanted to sell her condo and buy a condo in the same buliding she was living in. Multi millions btw. she wanted the other condo because the terrace was larger and had grass so that she wouldn't have to walk her dog LOL.Besides, since when can't a good natured, kind, intelligent man have a beautiful wife. Lately there is more male chauvinist nonsense on these bds. and I think one of the newbies that showed up a few months ago is responsible and his posts aren't funny.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, nakano said:

My,my...yes it was about Naked Alibi but for your info The Glass Wall was played only 2 times before the  next 2 Noir Alley showings

I meant no offence in my post to you.  In fact, I did say I was sorry,  I was mistaken  ( in thinking you were talking about "Th e Glass Wall" when in fact you were referring to another Gloria Grahme film.)  Just hoping you weren't offended,  since I 'm  not sure what the  "My My" bit was about.  

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Katie_G said:

Gloria really deserves to have a good biography written about her.  I didn't like Suicide Blonde, and not only because the catchy name is so misleading.   It's a thin 183 page bio that seems mainly drawn from the author's interviews with her sister Joy Mitchum.  The other book Nakano mentioned is better, imo,  but it deals mainly with her work.

For an actor I define a good biography as one that most covers their career;  the films they were in,   what they might have said about the directors and other actors they worked with,  and in Gloria case,  how she developed her hard-but-vulnerable-no-nonsense screen persona,  which we see starting in 1947 in Crossfire  and Song of the Thin Man.  

But I assume any biography about Gloria would focus mainly on her off-screen "antics" (mainly the relationship and marriages with Nicholas Ray and his son,  Tony).    I'm really not that interested in that angle (for any actor,.  musician, artist or celebrity).

Thus I might check out that other-book that "deals mainly with her work".

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

No, Dave was a sweetheart. He became an attorney, he took care of Rick's kids financially and made very smart investments for them.,  He took care of Ozzie when Ozzie had colon cancer. Don't say anything bad about Dave or Ricky, or else! LOL ( teasing,you know you're my buddy dargo, but I loved those boys)June was on  an episode of Million Dollar Listing LA,  a few years ago. she wanted to sell her condo and buy a condo in the same buliding she was living in. Multi millions btw. she wanted the other condo because the terrace was larger and had grass so that she wouldn't have to walk her dog LOL.Besides, since when can't a good natured, kind, intelligent man have a beautiful wife. Lately there is more male chauvinist nonsense on these bds. and I think one of the newbies that showed up a few months ago is responsible and his posts aren't funny.

Yes Lavender, I DO have to admit here that David Nelson always seemed to be a very nice guy, alright. IN FACT, "responsible to the core" one could say, AND the kind'a guy most EVERYBODY would probably like to have as a "BFF"(as the kids say now days) or trusted neighbor.

(...STILL though, HOW in the world this boring guy got such a hot babe as June Blair to MARRY him is STILL a mystery to ME!!!)  LOL

;)

2 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Yes Lavender, I DO have to admit here that David Nelson always seemed to be a very nice guy, alright. IN FACT, "responsible to the core" one could say., AND in fact, the kind'a guy most EVERYBODY would probably like to have as a "BFF"(as the kids say now days) or trusted neighbor.

(...STILL though, HOW in the world this boring guy got such a hot babe as June Blair to MARRY him is STILL a mystery to ME!!!)  LOL

;)

June is still alive, go ask her LOL

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, lavenderblue19 said:

June is still alive, go ask her LOL

LOL

Well, gimme her phone number and maybe I WILL!!!

(...it'll be either a 213 or 310 area code, right?!) 

;)

10 minutes ago, Dargo said:

LOL

Well, gimme her phone number and maybe I WILL!!!

(...it'll be either a 213 or 310 area code, right?!) 

;)

In the episode of Million Dollar Listing, the condo building June lived in was The Century Towers on the Avenue of The Stars in Century City. I am not your secretary, look it up yourself, I'm sure she'd love to talk to you LOL

Just now, lavenderblue19 said:

In the episode of Million Dollar Listing, the condo building June lived in was The Century Towers on the Avenue of The Stars in Century City. I am not your secretary, look it up yourself, I'm sure she's love to talk to you LOL

"Century City", eh?!

Betcha didn't know that that land was originally owned by western film star Tom Mix.

(...actually, you DID probably know this, didn't ya) 

12 minutes ago, Dargo said:

"Century City", eh?!

Betcha didn't know that that land was originally owned by western film star Tom Mix.

(...actually, you DID probably know this, didn't ya) 

I didn't and that's interesting info, thanks

2 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

For an actor I define a good biography as one that most covers their career;  the films they were in,   what they might have said about the directors and other actors they worked with,  and in Gloria case,  how she developed her hard-but-vulnerable-no-nonsense screen persona,  which we see starting in 1947 in Crossfire  and Song of the Thin Man.  

But I assume any biography about Gloria would focus mainly on her off-screen "antics" (mainly the relationship and marriages with Nicholas Ray and his son,  Tony).    I'm really not that interested in that angle (for any actor,.  musician, artist or celebrity).

Thus I might check out that other-book that "deals mainly with her work".

Yes, it's excellent as a filmography rather than a true biography.   Sadly that book remains to be written in a professional manner.    The "Suicide Blonde" opens with several pages wasted trying to show how she's descended from John of Gaunt and Scottish royalty, which the family seems to have believed but is highly questionable.   

Perhaps Dana Delaney should take a stab at it.  She writes very well and certainly knows her subject.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, JamesJazGuitar said:

No, that was exactly the reason I bought Suicide Blond to get the dish on **** was going on with Gloria, it didn't even go there. A  good biography should cover it all,  their career;  the films they were in,  what they might have said about the directors and other actors they worked with,  and in Gloria case **** was she thinking with her off screen antics. What made that lady tick?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cigarjoe said:

No, that was exactly the reason I bought Suicide Blond to get the dish on **** was going on with Gloria, it didn't even go there. A  good biography should cover it all,  their career;  the films they were in,  what they might have said about the directors and other actors they worked with,  and in Gloria case **** was she thinking with her off screen antics. What made that lady tick?

I was flabbergasted to read that she had married her stepson....but I guess I shouldn't have been, this is Hollywood after all.

Still, she was a very fine actress, and an underrated one IMO.  

• Like 2
On 9/23/2021 at 11:10 AM, nakano said:

On 9/23/2021 at 7:49 PM, misswonderly3 said:

I meant no offence in my post to you.  In fact, I did say I was sorry,  I was mistaken  ( in thinking you were talking about "Th e Glass Wall" when in fact you were referring to another Gloria Grahme film.)  Just hoping you weren't offended,  since I 'm  not sure what the  "My My" bit was about.  

That MY My did come off as a bit nasty. Not sure why that was necessary. MissW corrected the post and you even got a very nice I'm sorry, so the My My was not called for.,

• Thanks 1

9-25 @12 AM & Sun. 10 AM                                                   Noir Alley............

10:00
am
Hell Bound Profile Image

"Hell Bound presents a clever twist on the "perfect crime" caper. There's a brilliant mastermind, an intricate scheme, a motley crew, a potential femme fatale and a sensibility that would be right at home in the merciless universe of film noir. That hard-bitten attitude is not surprising given the film's creators.............

• Like 1

How about a game while we're waiting for the next Noir Alley?   I'll post some quotes and you guess what noir they're from.   If no one guesses right I'll post more quotes.    First set of five.

"Why doesn't he see us? Why doesn't he look over?"
"Could be that bullet hole in his forehead, but it's just a hunch."

"I'm going to break him so fast he won't have time to change his pants."

"If they take you to police headquarters, shoot yourself in the head. It'll make things simpler."

"I love him. It upsets me terribly that you suspect him, even for second."
"Not for a second, for the last three weeks. He's our most logical suspect."

"A guy can't even get shot in his own apartment by a dame without the whole town startin' to buzz"..

"You're no good and neither am I. That's why we deserve each other."

5                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              "When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it."

"I do know he always went heavily armed, and that he never went to sleep without covering the floor around his bed with crumpled newspapers, so that nobody could come silently into his room."

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Katie_G said:

5                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

"When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it."

"I do know he always went heavily armed, and that he never went to sleep without covering the floor around his bed with crumpled newspapers, so that nobody could come silently into his room."

The Maltese Falcon (1941)