Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

mcjr67

I have a friend who is looking for a movie which takes place in the Great Depression. The main character is a male who is well to do and see a lot of poverty around him. He gets a thousand dollars in singles and starts handing it out to the needy. He is assaulted and loses his memory. A year or two pass and he has fallen in love with a woman . He regains his memory, but is not sure if the woman loves him for him or his money.

My friend says she can't remember any of the actors . I tried google and didn't realize how many movies take place in the Great Depression. Got a headache.

I would appreciate any help. It sounds like a great movie and would love to see it myself.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

The closest thing to it I can come up with is Sullivan's Travels (1942), with Joel McCrea, and Veronica Lake:

http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/91851/Sullivan-s-Travels/

Though it's not an exact match.  Maybe the story is misremembered?  Or what sometimes happens is people combine the memories of two different movies.  Anyway, if you haven't seen it, you should, and it will be on this Sunday, March 26 @ 02:15 PM (ET).

• 2 weeks later...

The closest thing to it I can come up with is Sullivan's Travels (1942), with Joel McCrea, and Veronica Lake:

Though it's not an exact match.  Maybe the story is misremembered?  Or what sometimes happens is people combine the memories of two different movies.  Anyway, if you haven't seen it, you should, and it will be on this Sunday, March 26 @ 02:15 PM (ET).

Sullivan's Travels meets Random Harvest.   ;)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings