Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name that movie! Or, What's the movie's title?

SeniorWiggles

A saw this movie several years ago on TCM. I really enjoyed it and thought it was good. I would like to watch it again someday, but I have not been able to remember the title at all. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. It's sort of driving me crazy.

Has sound, a talkie, not silent.

Black and White.

An American movie.

Takes place in a large U.S. city.

Likely filmed sometime between the late '20's and early '40's most likely in the '30's.

A crime drama, mystery, film noir type movie.

An older, already married man works in some sort of purser's office with money. He meets a young, attractive women, with whom he begins an affair. The young woman is manipulating the older man for money, apartment and gifts. She is not truly interested in the older man. The young woman also already has a boyfriend that she does care about. The young boyfriend is a sleazy, petty criminal, thug, gangster type that at one point drives a long, white, convertible, late '20's to early 30'sish looking car. He drives it rather drunk and parks it into a pole, not severely, more of a bump. I think she passes the young man off to the older man as her friend or brother or something. The young woman, with encouragement, from the younger man keeps asking for more and more money from the older man. The older keeps giving her money, hopelessly trying to keep her happy and make her love him. The money becomes too much and he can't keep up. So, he takes a "loan" from work and embezzles a significant some of money. As the older man tries to keep from getting caught embezzling and having affairs, his life begins to unravel in spectacular fashion. He ends up killing one or both the young woman and young man. Maybe, he goes to trial. At any rate, he gets away with the murders. However, the guilt of the murders drives him insane. The movie ends with him homeless, sleeping in the park. As two policeman pass him in the park. He confesses to the murders and desperately begs the policeman to believe him and take him to jail. The policeman however do not believe him and just laugh at him because he is obviously just some homeless person who has lost their mind. Maybe, he kills himself, but I can't remember. I only saw the movie once a number of years ago. Anyway, if anyone knows the title of this movie or anything about it, please help. Like the murders in the movie, not knowing the name of this movie is slowly driving me towards madness and a life of homelessness in the park.

WOW!!! Thank you! Holy cow! I can't believe it! It has been driving me crazy for well more than 2 years! You are amazing! Thank you, so much for helping me avoid a life riding park benches and confessing to murders! That is, if I can also manage to avoid becoming involved with any young, beautiful, manipulative women. Something, unfortunately, that I have never been particularly good at.

• Like 1

WOW!!! Thank you! Holy cow! I can't believe it! It has been driving me crazy for well more than 2 years! You are amazing! Thank you, so much for helping me avoid a life riding park benches and confessing to murders! That is, if I can also manage to avoid becoming involved with any young, beautiful, manipulative women. Something, unfortunately, that I have never been particularly good at.

Well you provided a lot of info to help determine the film.   Often a user will provide only a sentence or two that is so vague it could be 50 or more films.

As for avoiding femme fatales;   None of us are particularly good at doing so or those gals wouldn't be called femme fatales! 

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings