Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chicago bank CEO accused of bribing Manafort for administration job

Stephen Calk used the bank’s resources to curry favor with Trump’s campaign chairman, ignoring internal standards and lying to regulators, prosecutors say.

• 2 weeks later...

Ted LieuVerified account @tedlieu 14h14 hours ago

Ted Lieu Retweeted Kyle Cheney

On hallowed ground on foreign soil, the President said nasty things about the Speaker of the House and a Marine combat veteran.

Yet the @GOP is scared Members of Congress will be impolite to @realDonaldTrump.

It's not adjectives the GOP should be scared of, it's the facts.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, mr6666 said:

:rolleyes:

Kyle CheneyVerified account @kyledcheney

Republicans intend to try to block Democrats from saying mean-spirited things about President Trump on Monday during their hearing on obstruction of justice.

Here's the manual of decorum they're citing >>>

D8ehU8cX4AAa4bB.png

I served on a city council where one member displayed many of the characteristics of Trump at official meetings.  We had to adopt an ordinance similar to above and based on the standard for city and county governments.

However, I have concerns with the above where it goes into detail re: obstructing justice, encouraging perjury, etc. are ruled inappropriate.

• 2 weeks later...

House Oversight threatens to subpoena Kellyanne Conway

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/23/house-oversight-subpoena-kellyanne-conway-1377512

=========================================

Seth AbramsonVerified account @SethAbramson 1h1 hour ago

The Democrats can either start going to court on an EMERGENCY BASIS in the face of this White House obstruction

or they can all resign their seats in Congress and go back home and choose a new profession.

But at this point it needs to be one or the other.

All the dithering is BS.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Seth AbramsonVerified account @SethAbramson

I'm not sure Americans understand how historically significant it is that *George Nader* is currently in federal custody.

Unless Bill Barr is able to scuttle the investigations for which Nader is a cooperating witness, the leverage the feds now have on Nader could change history.........

2/ I'll put it simply: George Nader was a Saudi, Emirati, Russian, *and* Israeli agent/interlocutor who met *repeatedly* with the top brass of the 2016 Trump campaign before the election, during the transition, *and* after the election.

Think that matters for the "grand bargain"?

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1143595762246443008

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Seth AbramsonVerified account @SethAbramson

I'm not sure Americans understand how historically significant it is that *George Nader* is currently in federal custody.

Unless Bill Barr is able to scuttle the investigations for which Nader is a cooperating witness, the leverage the feds now have on Nader could change history.........

2/ I'll put it simply: George Nader was a Saudi, Emirati, Russian, *and* Israeli agent/interlocutor who met *repeatedly* with the top brass of the 2016 Trump campaign before the election, during the transition, *and* after the election.

Think that matters for the "grand bargain"?

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1143595762246443008

Every prediction Abramson has made with regards to a so called grand bargain has failed.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I can already hear some saying this is nothing new.  Yeah, but Trump denied this one too and now we know that he was lying.  Now I can hear, so what.  We know Trump has abused women and we know that all 19 of them are probably telling the truth but so what?  Well ask yourself why this should matter.

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I saw an article on Yahoo an hour ago that said that the video "completely exonerated Trump and showed that the kiss was innocuous". 

Bottom line is that this latest accusations,  solid evidence or not,  isn't likely to change anyone's POV.

The same applies to the Mueller report and any thing that will come from him appearing before Congress.

The Hams of the USA are still going to vote for Trump in 2020.   (and even the Cids if the Dems nominate someone too-far-left (which to many of the Cids is almost every Dem).

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

I saw an article on Yahoo an hour ago that said that the video "completely exonerated Trump and showed that the kiss was innocuous". 

Innocuous in the same sense as Joe Biden's touchy-feely without permission, perhaps?

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Bottom line is that this latest accusations,  solid evidence or not,  isn't likely to change anyone's POV.

The same applies to the Mueller report and any thing that will come from him appearing before Congress.

The Hams of the USA are still going to vote for Trump in 2020.   (and even the Cids if the Dems nominate someone too-far-left (which to many of the Cids is almost every Dem).

In reality I probably will vote for a Dem for president (since it doesn't matter in S.C.), but I would have to hold my nose on most of the candidates.  Back-up position is to not vote for president at all, which is what I would probably do in a purple or swing state where the vote does matter if a far-left Dem wins the nomination.

However, I think a lot of Dem leaning or centrist "independents" will vote for Trump instead of a far-left Dem.  I posted something on another thread about KY and was surprised that there are more Dems. than Republicans in that state.  But they continue to elect Republicans and voted overwhelmingly for Trump.

39 minutes ago, povgramps said:

To vote for a Democrat, it would be really helpful if they could come up with a policy to vote for.

Something other than open borders.

Just watch the news or read news magazines and newspapers.  They have lots and lots and lots of policies other than "open borders."  

Also Democrats for "open borders" is a GOP myth.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/democrats-must-destroy-trumps-open-borders-myth

• Thanks 1
On 7/12/2019 at 11:46 AM, TheCid said:

Just watch the news or read news magazines and newspapers.  They have lots and lots and lots of policies other than "open borders."  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/democrats-must-destroy-trumps-open-borders-myth

What to you call a policy that call for NO deportations.   This is the Dem policy here in CA.

While technically not 'open borders' the end result is the same;  illegal immigrants know that once they can get to CA,  they will not be sent back.  

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:46 AM, TheCid said:

Just watch the news or read news magazines and newspapers.

You're directing me toward the fake news? Holy cow.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:20 PM, jamesjazzguitar said:

They have lots and lots and lots of policies

Anything they'd actually do after they've gotten our votes?

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:46 AM, TheCid said:

I hear Democrats saying "people who sneak in to the country illegally should be able to stay" every day. All kinds of Democrats say this, unendingly. I hear it every day.

That's mythical, is it?

• Sad 1
On 7/12/2019 at 10:30 PM, povgramps said:

I hear Democrats saying "people who sneak in to the country illegally should be able to stay" every day. All kinds of Democrats say this, unendingly. I hear it every day.

That's mythical, is it?

I have not heard any Democrats in government office state that.  I have heard them say we need a revised immigration policy, but Trump and McConnell refuse to even discuss it.  So the immigration problem is Trump's, lock, stock and barrel.

• Thanks 1