Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

STELLA DALLAS (1925) dropped from TCM Classic Fim Festival Line-up!

gagman66

:angry: Boo!!!! What??? Are you kidding me? Now STELLA DALLAS (1925) has been mysteriously removed from the 2017 Festival schedule as was previously announced! Even mentioned many times on Television. Why??? I happen to know that there are excellent quality restored or archival 35 millimeter prints that have been screened elsewhere. It's not like there aren't any materials available to show.

This is getting absurd! They just nixed the long awaited THE PATENT LEATHER KID (1927) Premiere from 31 Days of Oscar a couple of nights ago. I mean this could have been replaced with 7TH HEAVEN which won 3 Oscars and never, ever airs on TCM. I'm still upset because LILAC TIME was pulled from the October line-up at the last minute last year.

Look I still love TCM and all, but hey they have got to stop making empty promises and start making good on some of these.  Ignoring matters entirely doesn't inspire viewer confidence or loyalty either. The very least they could do is address these issues, and provide some sort of genuine explanation instead of leaving us with none. :unsure:

• Like 3

:angry: Boo!!!! What??? Are you kidding me? Now STELLA DALLAS (1925) has been mysteriously removed from the 2017 Festival schedule as was previously announced! Even mentioned many times on Television. Why??? I happen to know that there are excellent quality restored or archival 35 millimeter prints that have been screened elsewhere. It's not like there aren't any materials available to show.

This is getting absurd! They just nixed the long awaited THE PATENT LEATHER KID (1927) Premiere from 31 Days of Oscar a couple of nights ago. I mean this could have been replaced with 7TH HEAVEN which won 3 Oscars and never, ever airs on TCM. I'm still upset because LILAC TIME was pulled from the October line-up at the last minute last year.

Look I still love TCM and all, but hey they have got to stop making empty promises and start making good on some of these.  Ignoring matters entirely doesn't inspire viewer confidence or loyalty either. The very least they could do is address these issues, and provide some sort of genuine explanation instead of leaving us with none. :unsure:

I couldn't have phrased it any better.  Why can't TCM mention why these films are pulled rather than ignoring the issue entirely?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings