Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So Trump just admitted that he asked Comey directly if he was the subject of an investigation during a dinner in which they were to discuss whether Trump was going to continue to employ Comey.

Sounds like obstruction of justice to me.  Bill Clinton has nothing on this buffoon.

Who believes anything DUMP says anymore???

Who believes anything DUMP says anymore???

You get it though.  You are talking to the guy who you may decide to keep on or dismiss and you ask him if you are the subject of an investigation.  Where does that put Comey?

Hillbilly Huckabee just announced that the leader of the investigation into Russian election tampering and possible Trump collusion, James Comey was fired so that they could expedite that very same investigation.  Sounds like obstruction of justice to me.

First of all, her last name is Sanders and her maiden name is Huckabee.

Second, she graduated from an accredited university.  

Why is she a "hillbilly?"  Just because she came from Arkansas?  My mother came from Arkansas.  My wife is from Tennessee. Neither one would be considered a "hillbilly" in any stretch of the imagination, except by a bigot.

Let's see Vautrin lives in the mountainous area of N.C., so I guess he is a "hillbilly" as well?

It seems a couple of the liberal/progressive/moderate types here are getting intolerant toward anyone from the South.

• Like 1

Why is she a "hillbilly?"  Just because she came from Arkansas?  My mother came from Arkansas.  My wife is from Tennessee. Neither one would be considered a "hillbilly" in any stretch of the imagination, except by a bigot.

Let's see Vautrin lives in the mountainous area of N.C., so I guess he is a "hillbilly" as well?

It seems a couple of the liberal/progressive/moderate types here are getting intolerant toward anyone from the South.

Yeah, I have to agree that the term "Hillbilly Huckabee" isn't right.  She may be a shill for the Trump administration but the personal insult isn't necessary to make what otherwise could be a salient point.

Let's not paint everybody who lives in the South with such a broad brush.  Some of us are liberal/progressive/moderate and our numbers, our demographics, are growing.  That's why there are all these voting restriction bills, gerrymandering, etc.  The old guard right wing is getting nervous.  

• Like 2

Hillbilly Huckabee just announced that the leader of the investigation into Russian election tampering and possible Trump collusion, James Comey was fired so that they could expedite that very same investigation.  Sounds like obstruction of justice to me.

Ok so she is Now saying that the guy who asked for more staff, resource, etc. in order to expedite the Russian collusion investigation AND then gets fires like the next day....it was to expedite this same hearing?!?

Sounds like total obstruction of justice. But all but the most rabidly partisan Trumpites can see this.

• Like 3

Some of my best friends come from the South. (I know, that sounds awful). I've travelled through Tennessee and Arkansas -- beautiful states.  I even dined in a bbq restaurant reputed to be one of Bill Clinton's favorites (McClard's in Hot Springs). I think my favorite spot in Arkansas is the Thorncroft Chapel, designed by E. Fay Jones, in Eureka Springs, not too far from Fayetteville. 

I wonder if the term "hillbilly" was ever non-pejorative, just to mean people who lived in the hills?  I lived with a guy from Memphis, Tennessee for many years. He always said Memphis was Southern; anything west of Lookout Mountain was Country. I once got into big trouble taking a Brillo pad to his cast iron skillet. Well, I had to clean it! (Got called a "damn Yankee" for that, which I actually took as a compliment.)

cau12.jpgThorncroft Chapel, Eureka Springs, Arkansas

My apologies.  I used to live in Florida myself and have relatives there.  But I don't like her and her father's backward intolerant behaviour.

My apologies.  I used to live in Florida myself and have relatives there.  But I don't like her and her father's backward intolerant behaviour.

Neither do I.

I don't know how she sleeps at night after lying to the entire American public day in and day out on that buffoon's behalf.  

Judging by her father's words in the past, if she's anything like him, then she agrees with the kind of rhetoric espoused by Nipkow around here, as in, she's on the side of "Real America",one of God's warriors in the fight against the heathen liberal scum destroying society.

• Like 2

I don't know how she sleeps at night after lying to the entire American public day in and day out on that buffoon's behalf.

Sean Spicer and Kelly Anne must know. In fact, all of the Trump team, and especially Trump must know.

I'm originally a hillbilly from Jersey. Swimming pools. Big hair. Cement

blocks. I've lived in a number of different states since then, in both the

north and south. I just go with the flow. My NC relatives like to tell

stories about the "good old days." From what I can tell, they were never

hillbillies, but blue collar workers who lived closer to the city than out

in the country. Huckabee-Sanders has been in politics for a number of

years, so lying and double talking come as easily to her as breathing.

There's already some talk on the internet about her taking over for

ol' Sean.

• Like 1

In his NBC interview Trump claimed that he has complied with Lindsay Graham's request to disclose his business dealings with Russia.  This came in the form of a letter from his lawyer stating that Trump did not have any businesses in Russia.  What they have avoided revealing however is the interests that Russians have in the Trump business empire.  I hope that Graham sees through this.  It is time for Trump to release his tax returns.

• Like 2

In his NBC interview Trump claimed that he has complied with Lindsay Graham's request to disclose his business dealings with Russia.  This came in the form of a letter from his lawyer stating that Trump did not have any businesses in Russia.  What they have avoided revealing however is the interests that Russians have in the Trump business empire.  I hope that Graham sees through this.  It is time for Trump to release his tax returns.

Didn't one of Trump's sons state that they did not need to borrow money in America since they got all they need from Russians?  Or something similar?

• Like 3

Trump Released This Letter to Prove He Has No Russian Ties. We Annotated It.   The document raises more questions than it answers......

"....No surprise: Dillon's new letter is hardly worth the paper it's printed on, raising as many questions about Trump's business activities as it answers.....

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/05/annotated-trump-morgan-lewis-letter-russian-business-ties

:wacko:

"......tax experts are questioning how “Russia” was defined. Many Russian companies operate through subsidiaries or corporate shells in countries like Cyprus, The Netherlands or the British Virgin Islands.

“You would have to dig down to books and records of underlying entities to see components,” Edward Kleinbard, a tax law professor at the University of Southern California
to determine the real sources of income.

“Asserting that TTO (The Trump Organization) counter-parties are not ‘Russian,'” added Kleinbard, “is genuinely meaningless.”

http://occupydemocrats.com/2017/05/12/trumps-lawyers-just-confirmed-fears-russia/

• Like 1

Political chaos in Washington is a return on investment for Moscow

President Trump’s decision to fire James Comey as FBI director was the latest destabilizing jolt to a core institution of the U.S. government that current and former officials say serves broader Russian interests. While the Kremlin may have hoped for sanctions relief and recognition of its annexation of Crimea from the Trump administration, the tumult in the United States is a welcome alternative.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/political-chaos-in-washington-is-a-return-on-investment-for-moscow/2017/05/14/2b4aa842-3653-11e7-b412-62beef8121f7_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_usrussia-645pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.02434dde6720

• Like 4

Will this finally start to get the attention of the Republicans or will we have to wait until they gut insurance, pass tax cuts for the rich and put more conservatives on the Supreme Court before they give a ****?

• Like 1

One Senate Republican has awakened:  Sen. Bob Corker of TN said "You just DON'T compromise a source like that!", referring to Trump's revealing classified information to the Russians.

This may be the bombshell that dumps Trump.  This latest wound to his credibility was also self inflicted.

Source--politico.com.

• Like 3

"The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said Trump's decision to do so endangers cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump's meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and the National Security Agency....

Trump 'revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.' "

Trump also reportedly boasted to the Russians about the intelligence he was receiving, telling the two men, "I get great intel. I have people brief me on great intel every day":

"Trump went on to discuss aspects of the threat that the United States learned only through the espionage capabilities of a key partner. He did not reveal the specific intelligence-gathering method, but he described how the Islamic State was pursuing elements of a specific plot and how much harm such an attack could cause under varying circumstances. Most alarmingly, officials said, Trump revealed the city in the Islamic State's territory where the U.S. intelligence partner detected the threat....

"So this is not intelligence that the United States gathered or owned. It wasn't up to the United States to share. And so doing so really jeopardizes that relationship....

"And in this case it's important, because this is apparently an ongoing stream of intelligence into Islamic state plotting. I mean, what could be more important?"....

http://www.npr.org/2017/05/15/528511980/report-trump-gave-classified-information-to-russians-during-white-house-visit?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20170515

• Like 3

"In a statement delivered outside the White House, Mr McMaster said: "The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organisations to include threats to aviation.

"At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly."

The Washington Post, which broke the story, said the McMaster statement did not amount to a denial of their story."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39931012

• Like 1