Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What the heck were all those Trump people talking to the Russians about all the time?   And what's with all the denials that are now being taken back when they are exposed as lies?

What the heck were all those Trump people talking to the Russians about all the time?   And what's with all the denials that are now being taken back when they are exposed as lies?

People seem to be losing interest in this now that Trump is going up against Russia.

"A Russian government think tank controlled by Vladimir Putin developed a plan to swing the 2016 U.S. presidential election to Donald Trump and undermine voters’ faith in the American electoral system, three current and four former U.S. officials told Reuters....

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/04/19/exclusive-putin-linked-tank-drew-plan-sway-2016-u-s-election.html

• Like 2

Payout Time': Exxon Seeks Waiver From U.S. Sanctions to Drill in Russia-

"Exxon applied for waiver from sanctions on Russia. Among departments who must approve: State Department, run by company's ex-CEO"......

"Ka-ching! Payout time,"

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/04/19/payout-time-exxon-seeks-waiver-us-sanctions-drill-russia

It's no accident that Fess Tillerson was put in charge of the State Department.  And Trump's tax returns may just show why he has been so enamoured with Russia as well.

• Like 1

Why shouldn't Exxon Drill??

President Obama's Signature Paves Way for Permanent Normal Trade Relations with Russia and Moldova.

Because the primary beneficiaries are ExxonMobile executives and past executives and Putin and his Russian cronies.

Wouldn't be surprised that Trump and many of his appointees also will profit hugely.  Of course, we'll never know because Trump insists on hiding his financial information.

• Like 1

Heh, I just realized who Mike Flynn reminds me of:  the Peter Graves character (SPOILER - the Nazi spy in the bunker) in STALAG 17.

Here he was, the national security guy for 23 days and advising Trump before that, yet he's Putin's pal and learning all this security info.  Every day it's revealed he's deeper and deeper into  Russian s**t.  Even Jason Chaffetz now thinks he broke the law.

Who's our Bill Holden?

Heh, I just realized who Mike Flynn reminds me of:  the Peter Graves character (SPOILER - the Nazi spy in the bunker) in STALAG 17.

Here he was, the national security guy for 23 days and advising Trump before that, yet he's Putin's pal and learning all this security info.  Every day it's revealed he's deeper and deeper into  Russian s**t.  Even Jason Chaffetz now thinks he broke the law.

Who's our Bill Holden?

Who's our Bill Holden?   That would be Jared Kushner;  the guy trying to make a buck anyway he can!

(but I assume that isn't really what you were going for here).

• Like 1

Who's our Bill Holden?   That would be Jared Kushner;  the guy trying to make a buck anyway he can!

(but I assume that isn't really what you were going for here).

No, that's a good answer, though, but it's not quite what I was going for.

Who Is Rod Rosenstein? Trump Pick for Deputy Attorney General Would Oversee Russia-Ties Investigation-

"Rod Rosenstein will be tasked with either leading the investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and Moscow's relationship to Trump's campaign or appointing a special prosecutor

Rosenstein faced an onslaught of questions pertaining to Russia and the recusal of U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions during his confirmation hearing for the deputy position.

Trump nominated Rosenstein — who is described as a nonpartisan straight shooter who has worked for both Democratic and Republican presidents — for the position in January, before his would-be boss was embroiled in any Russian-related controversy....

Rosenstein was confirmed in a 94-6 vote...

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/who-rod-rosenstein-trump-pick-deputy-attorney-general-would-oversee-n730126

No, that's a good answer, though, but it's not quite what I was going for.

Yea, I was cracking wise but I really couldn't come up with someone in politics today that was like the Bill Holden character in the film.  He is a very conflicted character and clearly not a classical 'good guy'.    He is selfish and a hustler.   He is NOT a team player.   There was conflict between Wilder and Holden in that Wilder wanted Holden to play the character ever darker.   They compromised with the ending where Holden gives that line about meeting any of the guys in the states BUT smiles to indicated he isn't really bitter.  That smile was the compromise given to Holden by the director. 

I don't see where the Dems have that kind of guy.   For the GOP the only guy that comes to mind is Rand Paul.

I see Kushner more as the silver spoon Boston brat who Billy

agrees to help escape from Stalag 17, looking forward to a

big payoff from mommy when they get back to the States.

• Like 1

CAN GOP INVESTIGATE Trump-Russia Scandal?

"On Monday, Yahoo News broke an important—but unsurprising—story: the Senate Intelligence Committee's investigation of the Trump-Russia scandal has made little progress, with its Republican chairman, Richard Burr of North Carolina, refusing to sign off on subpoenas and witness interviews and failing to devote to the inquiry sufficient staff power and resources.

This was the latest blow to the effort to scrutinize Russia's effort to disrupt the 2016 election and the connections between Donald Trump's inner circle and Russians....

The alternatives, then, would be an independent, nonpartisan commission that was not part of Congress or a bipartisan select committee of Congress. The problem: Either one would have to be backed by the Republican leaders of Congress. (A commission, if created by an act of Congress, would have to be signed into existence by Trump.)

That, too, would take more guts than most Republicans can muster when it comes to uncovering the truth about Putin's operation and Trump links to the regime that waged covert political warfare against the United States.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/04/why-its-impossible-republicans-investigate-trump-russia-scandal

• Like 2

Why won’t Congress really investigate the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia?

".....when government is divided — different parties control the executive and legislative branches — congressional investigations multiply. And when government is united, congressional investigations stall or disappear...

This is why congressional investigations are important

Throughout American history, from Teapot Dome to the Truman Committee to Watergate, congressional investigations have been a powerful tool to expose wrongdoing, hold the executive branch to account, and prompt policy change...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/04/27/why-wont-congress-investigate-the-trump-campaigns-ties-to-russia/?utm_term=.2bda9e3ea877&wpisrc=nl_cage&wpmm=1

:mellow:

No wonder they fired Sally Yates.  She reported to Trump early on that Flynn was lying and that he might be compromised.  What did Trump do?  Nothing for 18 days.  Then he fired Flynn knowing that the Washington Post story was going to break.  And he tried to cover it all up by firing Sally Yates.  

I recall Trump lying when interviewed on Air Force One that he knew nothing about the Flynn question.

No wonder they fired Sally Yates.  She reported to Trump early on that Flynn was lying and that he might be compromised.  What did Trump do?  Nothing for 18 days.  Then he fired Flynn knowing that the Washington Post story was going to break.  And he tried to cover it all up by firing Sally Yates.  

I recall Trump lying when interviewed on Air Force One that he knew nothing about the Flynn question.

but he did react by firing flynn which we can assume is what yates wanted so what's the prob?... :huh:

"any criticism of this ship STAYS on this ship!" -cagney, mister roberts

:)

but he did react by firing flynn which we can assume is what yates wanted so what's the prob?... :huh:

"any criticism of this ship STAYS on this ship!" -cagney, mister roberts

:)

Trump fired him AFTER knowing that the story was going to break.  He lied before that saying he knew nothing about Flynn.  It also looks like the story that they fired Flynn because he lied to Pence is HS too.  Pence went on Sunday morning tv defending Flynn knowing he was lying.  It was only when the story was going to break that they tried to cover i all up and fire Flynn and come up with the HS story that he lied to Pence.

Boy, you are no patriot, are you?

• Like 3