Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dfordoom

Roger Corman's Edgar Allan Poe films

So is anyone else a fan of Roger Corman's Edgar Allan Poe films? Do you have a favourite? What do you like most about these movies?

I like them, at least most of them.

My favorites: "Pit and the Pendulum" out of the Matheson-written films, with "Fall of House of Usher" in second place. Honorable mention to the "black cat/cask of amontillado" segment of "Tales of Terror."

Out of the non-Matheson written films, I like "Masque of the Red Death" best and would put it up there with "Pit." "Tomb of Ligea" is okay, but I don't like it as much as most people.

I am a great fan of these films. My favorite: The Pit And The Pendulum(1961). A close second would be Masque Of The Red Death(1964). As to why I like them, it's primarily because of the acting of Vincent Price, my favorite actor in the "horror" movie genre. I just like the way he brings the various characters he portrays to life in these films.

I have a couple of the Poe films on DVD, with audio commentary by Roger Corman - he does the best auduio commentaries!