Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FredCDobbs

What happened to "The Good German"?

TCM ran commercials for this film every day for nearly a month, so where is it? It hasn't turned up in my 18-theater town yet.

How about you? Has anyone here seen it?

It got mixed reviews at best and didn't catch on with the public. Lack of nominations may have totally killed it; I'd just wait for the DVD release...

The commercials on TCM might just have been an attempt at synergy, since both WB and TCM are part of Time Warner Inc.

It hasn't played in my town at all either. So many films nowadays come and go with barely a whisper you wonder how anyone makes any money in Hollywood

It only played for a week near where I live. Only a couple of people were at the showing I was at. I enjoyed seeing it, but Tobey shouldn't have been in it. He wasn't right for the part. Unfortuately I think he is typecast as Spiderman. The movie would only appeal to a narrow group of people. The best thing about the movie was Cate Blanchett.

For what it's worth, it really didn't look very good in theaters -- Steve Soderbergh isn't a good enough cinematographer to do b&w in a way that truly looks 40's-like.

But there's always hope they could make it look better on DVD.

> It hasn't played in my town at all either. So many

> films nowadays come and go with barely a whisper you

> wonder how anyone makes any money in Hollywood

that's simple -- many movies make more in ancilliary markets than they do in their U.S. theatrical release... :)

Probably looked forward to this picture more than any other this year..I had read the book and the movie package of Soderburgh and Clooney made it look like a gem..

I watched an Oscar screener of the picture and it is a total, unequivocal dud. Warner's didn't even screen it for local media in this market.

Major league disappointment.