Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Similar moments: "Borrowed" or coincidence?

Sepiatone

Saw a bit of ROCKY on AMC this morning( before switching to something else).

I do recall a scene in that movie that seems similar to one in another film.

In "Rocky", there's the scene in Rocky's apartment when he kisses Adrian for the first time and they sink to the floor while still up against the wall....

In ON THE WATERFRONT, after Terry busts in to Edie's apartment, he follows her down a hallway and grabs her, holds her against the wall and they too, do the "sinking kiss" thing.

I remember thinking of this when I first saw "Rocky" 40 years ago.  But just today it entered my mind to ask if any of you thought the same thing and what other movies have a scene in one that you noticed seemed similar or "borrowed" from an earlier flick. 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

In the 1980 movie 'FAME' there's a scene where the kids start dancing on the sidewalks, streets and cars 'n' taxis in NYC with music blasting out of 1 taxi in particular.   

In the 1976 NYC-based movie 'APPLE PIE' the last 10 minutes of movie is characters dancing on the streets of New York City.  On top of a white Ford station wagon most prominently + also on the sidewalks and on the sides of buildings.  Irene Cara appears at the end of 'APPLE PIE' as one of the dancers.  She comes running out of her apartment building and is very noticeable.  One of the great movie endings I've ever seen.   

I cannot believe the street-dancing scene in 'FAME' was just a coincidence; "borrowed" is the proper word I do believe.  

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings