Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Noir Alley

cigarjoe

Perhaps DGF's complaint is more geared to the time this series had been scheduled instead of any about either Eddie or Noir or wine?

Ya see, I'm thinkin' he's maybe already committed to those Sunday Morning spinning classes of his. I mean, a person DOES have their priorities in life, ya know!

(...and retaining one's body fat index at the low low rate of 3% can be quite a commitment to some folks, right?!...to say nothin' of all those fit young chicky babes he gets to watch spinnin' away with him!)

;)

I've got copies of every film on the list right to the end of the year.

However, I hope that the word will get out if any of these prints to be shown are restorations. That's an issue for me with TCM. They rarely, if ever, let the viewers know when a restoration is to be broadcast in advance.

Sometimes I'll read a comment afterward that a restoration had been broadcast and I'll be shaking my head in frustration since I didn't even tune in to see a film I already have in my DVD collection in a more mundane print.

At least I'm glad the channel is getting back to utilizing Eddie Muller for what he does best as noir host.

cigarjoe, I respect you, but - don't we already have a thread about this?

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/126251-coming-soon-to-tcm-noir-alley/&do=findComment&comment=1457004

How come we need a  second one?

I hate it when there are two threads at the same time about the same thing.

Blame the search engine, I put in Noir Alley and nothing came up, I don't live on these boards, so I didn't recall there was a thread ;)

I want to include my vote for Noir Alley, a great idea, mind you, but a poor time slot.  Sunday morning at 10:00 A.M. Eastern time?  That's 7:00 A.M. Pacific time.  May I suggest Saturday or Sunday evening at 6:00 P.M. or Sunday Night at 10 P.M leading into Silent Movies at midnight Eastern time.   

• Like 4

I want to include my vote for Noir Alley, a great idea, mind you, but a poor time slot.  Sunday morning at 10:00 A.M. Eastern time?  That's 7:00 A.M. Pacific time.  May I suggest Saturday or Sunday evening at 6:00 P.M. or Sunday Night at 10 P.M leading into Silent Movies at midnight Eastern time.   

Agree didn't they do "Darkness Before Dawn" in the same or similar slot. Sunday Morning at 10AM is a great time slot for musicals, lol.

• Like 3

I'll tell you, I live in the East, and 7 AM would be a lot better for me than 10 AM.

Agreed 100% these type of flix are made for the night. & probably Mitchum is the epitome of the genre, followed by Robert Ryan. & mostly shot at RKO

Robert Mitchum always called his then boss Howard Hughes "The Phantom" because he rarely if ever saw the man

The time slot may not be ideal but there are recording devices out there, folks.

The Roberts Mitchum & Ryan are the Gods of Noir.  I adore both of them.

There used to be that option, but I recall that there was a thread saying some type of blocking device prevented recording the films to disk from DVrs, you can watch but not save them.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings