Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What movies in the TV "popup book" commecial?

JackCrens

I think I've figured out most of the movies depicted in the commecial. Gene Kelly and Lesley Caron are obviously in "American in Paris."  Hard to miss "King Kong, too!  But I need help identifying two of the movies.

The one showing the baby carriage, a tiger, and a guy who looks like Clark Kent;  Is that "Bringing up Baby"?  If so, I didn't recognize Cary Grant.

The other is the western, showing guys in old Cavalry uniforms?  Is that John Wayne?  Can someone give me the name of the movie?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks, Jack

I think I've figured out most of the movies depicted in the commecial. Gene Kelly and Lesley Caron are obviously in "American in Paris."  Hard to miss "King Kong, too!  But I need help identifying two of the movies.

The one showing the baby carriage, a tiger, and a guy who looks like Clark Kent;  Is that "Bringing up Baby"?  If so, I didn't recognize Cary Grant.

The other is the western, showing guys in old Cavalry uniforms?  Is that John Wayne?  Can someone give me the name of the movie?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Without having seen it, those sound like good guesses, and Wayne in the Cavalry puts RKO's (and therefore TCM's) "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" on the classics short list.

Anyone got a clip?

Thanks, Jack

"It's Alive!" (1974) and "It Lives Again" (1978)

ItLivesAgain.jpg

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings