Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Technical Q: Anyone know how to save internet movies?

Tikisoo

There are some odd movies not available on broadcast TV or DVD that I would like to see. For example Martin Scorsese's ITALIAN AMERICAN, a chronicle of his parents made in the 70's. (with help from a fellow TCM poster) I found it uploaded onto the internet, but I'd like my elderly Mom to see it. 

I don't know one person who knows how to save a video to their computer for later viewing. All I can think of is trying an FTP site, but not sure that would work.

Does anyone know how to do this?

From what I've read, there are sites that say you can do this but you need to download software. Even though they claim the software is free, I'd still be reluctant to try it, unless you have a computer you are willing to sacrifice as an experiment.

If you mean downloading from YouTube, there is an application called WinTube that I had on my older laptop and you can download whatever and burn a dvd...I never had any trouble with it, no bugs, no malware, whatever. Get it from a safe place like cnet or windows store. For older films in public domain, Free-Classic-Movies.com has instructions on how to download anything on their site.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings