Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

studio eara universal and the starz/encore channels

catlover

hello,

anyone know why universal only gives westerns to the starz/encore channels and never any of their

other kinds of films from the studio era?

I havn't seen any studio era films on starz - let me in on this if there are some playing this month. I've only seen studio era material mainly on Encore Westerns, since the 1940s and 1950s were the heyday of that genre.  You see some classic Hitchcock or James Bond films on the other encore channels, but that is about the extent of it.  Keep an eye on that Encore Western channel. Last August on a Saturday night I saw that "The Virginian" from 1929 was playing. I sighed. Oh, it's probably the 1940's version with Joel McCrea. But I set my DVD recorder up nonetheless. It WAS the 1929 version looking better than I'd ever seen it!  I hadn't seen it on TV since I was in high school on Christmas break back in the 1970s!

The bottom line is the starz channels probably don't want the studio era material.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings