Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

To Jakeem & others, what were the nielsen ratings for these *Oscars?

spence

I checke'd out a few other sites, including (answers.com) & nobody yet seems to have the answers on exactly what were the ratings for what turned out to be the strangest *Academy Awards yet??? :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

& I think I'm correct in stating that the 1997 *Oscars-(the year of the behemoth *"Titanic" making history)

as A #1 when it came to the Nielsen's.   But, please let me know buddy? :huh:

& since I've been doing this-(l982) & did lousy until 1986 the yr of *"Platoon" ($138m,.) then I started to get a handle on the politics that also go into the show,etc & of course still make errors. Ironically, the yr I won the title of annual *"Oscar-0racle" in Variety I scored (17 for 24) only 1 more then this year.

EXAMPLE: For 1982, I actually predicted the best would win, i.e. "E.T." over *"Gandhi" OOPS! :angry:

'82 was a fantastic cinematic year too>"E.T." "Tootsie" "Garp" "The Verdict" "Sophie's Choice" "Das Boot" "Diner" "Road Warrior" "Blade Runner" & "Pryor: Live on the Sunset Strip"-(personally I gave them all 4 stars!) :D

& ANOTHER COMPLAINT TO TCM! 

You guys have been conducting, airing your superb annual "31 Days of *Oscar" as long as I can recall, but still have not as yet-(& trust me, every other single medium has done this by now & several are about to do it again, after 1999 or so. All had their own back then in response to AFI's mammoth 1998 survey & tv special.

A simple poll/survey of us TCM-ITES all-time favorite's in THE M.O.V.I.E.S.???

2nd COMPLAINT SPORTS FANS-(from "The Great Santini" (l980)

Why in the name of Turner Classic Movies don't you folks have our own contest at trying to outguess what Hollywood & it's nearly 7,0000 voters may do?  This is almost as bizarre as previous problem & you have tons & tons of prizes you could give away???

SOMETHING TO CONSIDER & I THANK YOU :angry:

I checke'd out a few other sites, including (answers.com) & nobody yet seems to have the answers on exactly what were the ratings for what turned out to be the strangest *Academy Awards yet??? 

The ratings were 24.4, with a viewership of 32.9 million. That's down nearly 2 million from last year. You just need to Google "Oscar ratings 2017".

The 1998 Oscars, which honored 1997 movies (Titanic) was the highest rated, with a viewership of 55.2 million.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings