Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Our Members Tributes to Robert Osborne (1932-2017)

20 hours ago, Leighcat said:

I met Mr. Osborne while I was working in the video department of the Virgin Megastore in 2008 and asked him if he would have any input toward getting Waterloo Bridge from 1940 a dvd release. He thought it was already out, but I assured him that it was the Mae Clarke version that was available. We both fawned over Vivien Leigh for a while and he told me he would handle it. It was announced and released not too long afterwards.

What a terrific man.

My meeting with Ben Mankiewicz later left the opposite impression...

So, you're sayin' Ben preferred the Mae Clark version instead, and THEN tried to fawn over HER with you???

Yeah, okay, I suppose I can see why you seem much less impressed with The Mankster, then!

Sure! I think Viv was MUCH hotter than Mae ever was TOO, ya see.

(...but then again, I HAVE always gone much more for brunettes than I ever did blondes, ya know)  ;)

53 minutes ago, Dargo said:

So, you're sayin' Ben preferred the Mae Clark version instead, and THEN tried to fawn over HER with you???

Made me want to smash a grapefruit right in his face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Leighcat said:

Made me want to smash a grapefruit right in his face.

LOL

Perfect reply, Leighcat!

(...or should that be "purrrr-fect" reply, Leighcat?) ;)

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...

I watched the tribute to Robert Osborne the other day and I can't say that I get it. Granted, I have only been watching TCM for a year or two but from what I have seen, I prefer Ben to Robert.

On 10/4/2020 at 6:27 AM, Stallion said:

I watched the tribute to Robert Osborne the other day and I can't say that I get it. Granted, I have only been watching TCM for a year or two but from what I have seen, I prefer Ben to Robert.

As Bing Crosby says to Frank Sinatra at one point during the 'What a Swell Party This Is' number in the movie High Society:

"You must be one of the newer fellas."

;)

• Haha 1