Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The French, or at least the French government, can't seem to resist an

opportunity to return to the scenes of their imperial empire and stick

their noses in. Kill 'em all and let Dieu sort them out. 

At this time, it's not clear who tried to assassinate the PM.

15 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

It's Turkey and the USA + allies fighting over land to occupy in Syria. Syria should be able to fight for themselves.

When you use the term 'Syria' who do you mean?    To me that term means the Syrian government of Assad.  

Anyhow,  I agree the USA and the west should get out of Syria. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

When you use the term 'Syria' who do you mean?    To me that term means the Syrian government of Assad.  

Anyhow,  I agree the USA and the west should get out of Syria. 

I think the US and foreign powers should leave and that both Assad and Rojava should be allowed to fight for themselves. I don't think the democratic government of Rojava is inherently bad but they shouldn't let foreign forces occupy their land.

KuSDF and Iraq may fight ISIS together, says Rojava leader                      

370509Image1.jpg

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – Kurdish-led forces in Syria may coordinate with Iraq to combat ISIS, which is reportedly coming ‘back to life’ in the Euphrates River valley that spans the Iraq-Syria border, according to a leader from the self-autonomous Kurdish region of Rojava. 

“Daesh is present in the shared area between us, and this points to the possibility of conditions arising that would pave the way for joint actions against Daesh,” Aldar Khalil told Reuters, using an Arabic acronym for ISIS. 

Khalil is the co-president of the executive body of the Movement for a Democratic Society (TEV-DEM), the ruling coalition in Rojava. 

He confirmed that ISIS took advantage of the redeployment of forces from the frontlines with the extremist group in Deir ez-Zor in eastern Syria to defend Afrin canton against a Turkish military operation. 

http://www.rudaw.net/english/middleeast/04042018

The Logic of Assad's Brutality

No meaningful American response will be forthcoming, no matter how hideous the war crime.

"..... Assad is determined to cement his grip once again over Syria, no matter how thoroughly he has to destroy his country in order to restore it. And with Putin’s backing, he is determined to thoroughly discredit what remains of the international community and U.S. leadership. They can’t be sure what Trump will do, but their apparent cavalier use of chemical weapons on the one-year anniversary of the Khan Sheikhoun attacks suggests they’re reasonably confident that the U.S. president won’t take serious action. .....

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/04/syria-chemical-weapons-assad-trump/557483/

:unsure: