Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On 5/16/2018 at 12:40 AM, mr6666 said:

Trump’s evangelical base sees doomsday prophecy in Gaza violence —

For Trump’s most fanatical supporters, this is all part of the struggle against the Antichrist....

https://www.salon.com/2018/05/15/trumps-evangelical-base-sees-doomsday-prophecy-in-gaza-violence-and-theyre-thrilled/

:wacko:

People are unbelievably ignorant concerning the Antichrist (both Christians and non believers). These things plus more has to come to pass before his rise to power.  He will be the most admired, seem to have answers to all our problems, peacemaker the world will ever know. Charm, charisma will be over the top. Move over movie stars / celebrities past and present, they can't hold a candle next to him! Sick of people referring to individuals i.e. the Pope, presidents, head of the UN as the Antichrist, besides its silly.

More silly the characteristics (feet of a bear/ mouth of a lion, etc) of the Antichrist (beast) are taken LITERALLY! Yes those old drawings are ludicrous!

Rev 13:4....And they worshipped the dragon which gave power to the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like to the beast? who is able to make war with him?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hamradio said:

People are unbelievably ignorant concerning the Antichrist (both Christians and non believers). These things plus more has to come to pass before his rise to power.  He will be the most admired, seem to have answers to all our problems, peacemaker the world will ever know. Charm, charisma will be over the top. (move over movie stars / celebrities past and present, they can't hold a candle next to him)  Sick of people referring to individuals i.e. the Pope, presidents, head of the UN as the Antichrist, besides its silly.

More silly the characteristics (feet of a bear/ mouth of a lion, etc) of the Antichrist (beast) are taken LITERALLY! Yes those old drawings are ludicrous!

Rev 13:4....And they worshipped the dragon which gave power to the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like to the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Yeah, political leaders as the Antichrist is silly, but so is the concept of an Antichrist to begin with. The whole of Revelation is ridiculous tripe that some have used to make life miserable for other people for centuries now, which is particularly egregious since many scholars believe it was all allegorical references to the reign of Nero nearly 2000 years ago. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

Yeah, political leaders as the Antichrist is silly, but so is the concept of an Antichrist to begin with. The whole of Revelation is ridiculous tripe that some have used to make life miserable for other people for centuries now, which is particularly egregious since many scholars believe it was all allegorical references to the reign of Nero nearly 2000 years ago. 

The problem Nero reigned for 13 years, not that well loved and his rule confined to the Roman Empire. Can't find any reference to the Mayans and Aztecs worshipping him (far as world rule goes)

In the Apocrypha (mostly found in Catholic bibles) the books of Esdras had Ezra with nearly identical visions considering he lived in Babylon and YEARS apart.

Apocrypha means hidden things in Greek.

10 minutes ago, hamradio said:

The problem Nero reigned for 13 years, not that well loved and his rule confined to the Roman Empire. Can't find any reference to the Mayans and Aztecs worshipping him (far as world rule goes)

And what do the Mayans and Aztecs have to do with anything?

5 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

And what do the Mayans and Aztecs have to do with anything?

Exactly, Nero was not a world ruler!

(I was editing when you replied)

Nero ruled the world as it was known when Revelation was written. Besides, weren't you the one who just posted that it shouldn't be taken literally?

The problem with ancient Romans, believed they were the center of the universe  (metaphorically speaking)

The "barbarians" north of their Empire didn't count. :lol:

They were aware of others outside their control.

219e735b59fe44abc4bfdb169ad8ffe6.jpg

9 minutes ago, hamradio said:

The problem with ancient Romans, believed they were the center of the universe  (metaphorically speaking)

Exactly, which is why the "antichrist" (Nero) was said to rule the world in Revelation. The people who wrote Revelation weren't referring to literal geography, but to the socio-political landscape of their time.

UN votes to send war crimes investigators to Gaza

UN Human Rights Council decides to urgently dispatch experts to probe Israel's killing of Palestinians in Gaza.

".........., Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein, the UN human rights chief, had backed calls for an international probe.

He heavily criticised Israel's response to the weeks-long mass protests in the Gaza Strip as "wholly disproportionate".

Israel was an occupying power and under international law, it was obliged to protect the people of Gaza and ensure their welfare, he said. But instead Gaza residents were "caged in a toxic slum from birth to death", added Zeid.  

At least 62 Palestinians were killed and thousands were wounded in a single day of protests on Monday,

but Zeid pointed out that "on the Israeli side, one soldier was reportedly wounded, slightly, by a stone".

"There is little evidence of any attempt to minimise casualties on Monday," said Zeid. ...........

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/05/votes-send-war-crimes-investigators-gaza-180518142752946.html

15 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

UN votes to send war crimes investigators to Gaza

UN Human Rights Council decides to urgently dispatch experts to probe Israel's killing of Palestinians in Gaza.

".........., Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein, the UN human rights chief, had backed calls for an international probe.

He heavily criticised Israel's response to the weeks-long mass protests in the Gaza Strip as "wholly disproportionate".

Israel was an occupying power and under international law, it was obliged to protect the people of Gaza and ensure their welfare, he said. But instead Gaza residents were "caged in a toxic slum from birth to death", added Zeid.  

At least 62 Palestinians were killed and thousands were wounded in a single day of protests on Monday,

but Zeid pointed out that "on the Israeli side, one soldier was reportedly wounded, slightly, by a stone".

"There is little evidence of any attempt to minimise casualties on Monday," said Zeid. ...........

now that's what I call objective observations.

:lol:

edited by nipkowdisc

oops! sorry jake. I forgot you doan want me posting in your threads. 

sorry man.

you go ahead and post something in my thread 'new avatar'.

:D

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

oops! sorry jake. I forgot you doan want me posting in your threads. 

sorry man.

you go ahead and post something in my thread 'new avatar'.

There is no such concept as 'your threads'.    This is a community,  and you should feel free to post at any thread you wish.   

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

There is no such concept as 'your threads'.    This is a community,  and you should feel free to post at any thread you wish.   

I can easily agree with that except that JakeHolman asked me to stay off his threads in a mean-spirited pm.

he can post in the threads I started as many times as he dam well pleases.

39 minutes ago, JakeHolman said:

YES!

I agree with this 100%.   Goes to show how loony those that believe this stuff are.  

18 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I agree with this 100%.   Goes to show how loony those that believe this stuff are.  

You agree with it 100%, and it shows how loony people are who believe in it? So you're saying you're loony?