Jump to content

 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I don't think the USA should contribute any funds to UNRWA until Hamas formally recognizes Israel's right to exist.   (and I'm not a supporter of Israel).

 

 

It's a relief organization mainly for civilians in the area. It's not like they're supplying weapons against Israel.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

It's a relief organization mainly for civilians in the area. It's not like they're supplying weapons against Israel.

I understand that but I don't wish to provide any support to people who vote for a political organization that openly exposes terrorist and violence and the overthrowing of a sovereign nation.    It is my understanding this relief organization assist those in Gaza.   If it only helped those in the West Bank I would then be OK with it.

NOW,  one could say that the people in Gaza are suffering enough,  but clearly that is NOT the case.   If they were really suffering they would vote Hamas out of power since Hamas as clearly failed on all levels.    Instead the majority of people in Gaza care more about sticking it to Israel than living a better life (because all they would have to do is recognize Israel's right to exist and Israel would be forced to move to a two-state solution).

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What the people in the West Bank or Gaza do is irrelevant to Nuttyahoo.

He has no interest in peace, just in expanding Israeli power. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

What the people in the West Bank or Gaza do is irrelevant to Nuttyahoo.

He has no interest in peace, just in expanding Israeli power. 

 

I agree that Nuttyahoo has no interest in peace or a two state solution.   But I do believe that if Hamas was to recognized Israel's right to exist, OR Hamas was voted out and replaced by the PA,   the EU, as well as the USA would take measures to force Israel to come to an agreement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, like in PR, let's keep blaming the victims....

that'll solve it

:wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I agree that Nuttyahoo has no interest in peace or a two state solution.   But I do believe that if Hamas was to recognized Israel's right to exist, OR Hamas was voted out and replaced by the PA,   the EU, as well as the USA would take measures to force Israel to come to an agreement.  

I don't know about the EU, but they don't have much influence over Israeli policy,

but I doubt the US would do much either if Hamas recognized Israel's right to

exist. And who thinks Trump would do anything. The PA recognized Israel's

right to exist, then the Israelis demanded that the PA recognize Israel's right

to exist as a Jewish state. Wonder what the next demand will be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I don't know about the EU, but they don't have much influence over Israeli policy,

but I doubt the US would do much either if Hamas recognized Israel's right to

exist. And who thinks Trump would do anything. The PA recognized Israel's

right to exist, then the Israelis demanded that the PA recognize Israel's right

to exist as a Jewish state. Wonder what the next demand will be. 

The EU has a lot of influence of Israeli policy;  e.g. an economic boycott would force Israel's hand.

As for the USA; I agree that under Trump the US wouldn't apply any pressure but under a different President,  I believe the USA would apply a lot of pressure.      

It should be obvious why Israel didn't seek a two state solution with a PA that did recognize Israel's right to exist; there was no one Palestinian government.    It makes no sense to make a deal with a political entry that doesn't represent all the people.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The EU has a lot of influence of Israeli policy;  e.g. an economic boycott would force Israel's hand.

As for the USA; I agree that under Trump the US wouldn't apply any pressure but under a different President,  I believe the USA would apply a lot of pressure.      

It should be obvious why Israel didn't seek a two state solution with a PA that did recognize Israel's right to exist; there was no one Palestinian government.    It makes no sense to make a deal with a political entry that doesn't represent all the people.

 

I doubt the EU would consider anything close to an economic boycott. Obama was wrongly

considered as a great enemy of Israel, which was ridiculous, and he didn't apply much

pressure. The premise seems to be that Bibi is interested in some kind of peace agreement.

He isn't. He's interested in turning the West Bank as far as possible into an Israeli colony.

That's the bottom line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I doubt the EU would consider anything close to an economic boycott. Obama was wrongly

considered as a great enemy of Israel, which was ridiculous, and he didn't apply much

pressure. The premise seems to be that Bibi is interested in some kind of peace agreement.

He isn't. He's interested in turning the West Bank as far as possible into an Israeli colony.

That's the bottom line. 

My premise never was that Bibi was interested in some kind of peace agreement.  NO!  Instead he is a religious nut case that believe in the concept of a great Israel as outlined in a mythical book.    

So while I agree with that bottom-line as it relates to the current leader of Israel,  there are also many other bottom lines,  like those of Hamas.     So to me both sides are full of moronic,  stubborn a-hole and I don't care much what happens to either one of them.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

My premise never was that Bibi was interested in some kind of peace agreement.  NO!  Instead he is a religious nut case that believe in the concept of a great Israel as outlined in a mythical book.    

So while I agree with that bottom-line as it relates to the current leader of Israel,  there are also many other bottom lines,  like those of Hamas.     So to me both sides are full of moronic,  stubborn a-hole and I don't care much what happens to either one of them.

 

I don't think he's all that religious, he's just a slick pol who knows how to play the game

when necessary. I don't know why he's making a big deal out of Hamas. They are pretty

powerless and no danger to Israel. But it keeps him off the subject of the West Bank.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

I don't think he's all that religious, he's just a slick pol who knows how to play the game

when necessary. I don't know why he's making a big deal out of Hamas. They are pretty

powerless and no danger to Israel. But it keeps him off the subject of the West Bank.

 

 I agree. Religion has nothing to do about it with these people. He and his family are making a killing  at ripping off Israel.

They'll be behind bars before Hamas. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/06/27/yemeni-suffering-made-easy/

Yemeni Suffering Made Easy

41004836282_a831a80f8b_z.jpg

The Saudi and UAE-led operation to retake the rebel-held port city of Hodeidah, which could jeopardize the lives of hundreds of thousands of civilians, represents more than the latest tragic chapter in Yemen’s civil war. It is the fully expected outcome of several Western nations’ complicity in a multi-country assault that has made Yemen the world’s largest humanitarian disaster.

The recent attack on Hodeidah is both a function of Western arms support and a feature of longstanding Western political programming that has sustained the coalition’s attack on the country since a bombing campaign began in 2015.

For the last several years the US, UK, and France have all greenlit arms sales, refueling missions, and special forces guidance to the coalition with few, if any, conditions. The operation in Hodeidah is no different, where French special forces are already on the ground and the US is providing intelligence and aerial refueling to assist the coalition. Since the beginning of the Saudi-led campaign in Yemen, the results of American, French, and British arms and support have led to the bombing of funerals, weddings, markets, hospitals, schools and other public spaces populated by civilians. The latest bombing of a wedding party (because there have been more than one) killed twenty, including the bride herself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2018 at 11:12 PM, Princess of Tap said:

 I agree. Religion has nothing to do about it with these people. He and his family are making a killing  at ripping off Israel.

They'll be behind bars before Hamas. LOL

There are some true believers, but I doubt Bribi is one of them. I don't know about the

behind bars part. They usually seem to manage to get off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Young Jews Walk Out of Birthright Trip to See the Reality of Occupied Palestine Firsthand

 

......Before they walked off the bus, they read a statement to fellow participants.

“We each came on this trip separately with hope that — especially in light of the recent killings of more than a 100 protesters in Gaza and Trump moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem — Birthright would trust its participants enough to give us an honest education,” they said. “We came with questions about what’s happening in the occupied territories and wanted to engage with new perspectives, but what became clear over the course of 10 days was that Birthright did not want to truthfully engage with our questions. It’s clear that young Jews who have critical questions about Israel are not welcome on Birthright. It’s shocking that given all the recent violence Birthright would continue to act as if we can’t handle the truth.”...

https://theintercept.com/2018/06/29/birthright-israel-trip-palestine/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

© 2020 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...