Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

42 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Yes, she said she was no geopolitical expert. She didn't say anything about not being

able to identify Israel on the map or that if something is wrong it's the fault of the

Jews. As she herself said, the subject of Israel and Palestine didn't come up very often

in her Hispanic home. And you don't have to be an expert to see that Israel is half

way to occupying the West Bank, so I find her statement fairly accurate.

Fairly accurate?      Do you hold GOP politicians to the same standard?   

She sounds like Trump;  someone that is too lame to do their homework \ research before answering a question.

3 hours ago, Vautrin said:

I'm talking about the accuracy of the quote itself.

That tweet is clearly a joke and the quote isn't supposed to be accurate. 

8 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Oh yea,  I don't read that crap.    But other liberals do the same crap (using BOTS???).

People that can't speak for themselves.    

Yeah, I watch and read in entirety everything I post but I get the feeling other posters don't do the same sometime.

5 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Fairly accurate?      Do you hold GOP politicians to the same standard?   

She sounds like Trump;  someone that is too lame to do their homework \ research before answering a question.

I very rarely come across the problem of accuracy with GOP pols. :)

She sounds like somebody who got the basic facts right. She also said at the

beginning of the interview that she is for a two-state solution. I didn't even know

there was a new Firing Line. I doubt anyone can fill the shoes of WFB.

3 hours ago, Gershwin fan said:

That tweet is clearly a joke and the quote isn't supposed to be accurate. 

Yeah, I guess that's why Jake pointed out it was just a joke. That's what right

wingers often say when they get caught out--it was just a joke. Right.

• Like 1

Israel passes controversial 'Jewish nation-state' law

Law defines the country as Jewish homeland, further marginalising 1.8 million Palestinian citizens of Israel.

"......The legislation, adopted by 62 votes to 55, makes Hebrew the country's national language and defines the establishment of Jewish communities as being in the national interest.

The bill also strips Arabic of its designation as an official language, downgrading it to a "special status" that enables its continued use within Israeli institutions.

Highlights

• Self-determination is "exclusive" to the Jewish people/Israel is the Jewish nation's historical homeland
  • Views the establishment of Jewish-only settlements as being in the national interest
  • Arabic will be demoted from official language to a "special" status
  • Calls the "undivided" city of Jerusalem Israel's capital
  • National symbols include the Israeli flag, menorah, Jewish holidays, Hatikva anthem, the Hebrew calendar, and Israel's Independence Day

It stipulates that "Israel is the historic homeland of the Jewish people and they have an exclusive right to national self-determination in it". It also states that an undivided Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.

"This is a defining moment in the annals of Zionism and the history of the state of Israel,"...........

....the Legal Center for Arab Minority Rights in Israel, called the law a bid to advance "ethnic superiority by promoting racist policies".

"The Jewish nation-state law features key elements of apartheid, which is not only immoral but also absolutely prohibited under international law," said Hassan Jabareen, general director of Adalah.

"By defining sovereignty and democratic self-rule as belonging solely to the Jewish people - wherever they live around the world - Israel has made discrimination a constitutional value and has professed its commitment to favouring Jewish supremacy as the bedrock of institutions."........

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2018/07/israel-passes-controversial-jewish-nation-state-law-180719050559316.html

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, mr6666 said:

By defining sovereignty and democratic self-rule as belonging solely to the Jewish people - wherever they live around the world - Israel has made discrimination a constitutional value and has professed its commitment to favouring Jewish supremacy as the bedrock of institutions.".....

The USA should supply only limited support to any and all non secular nations.   E.g. we can trade and have an embassy but not much beyond that.       

• Thanks 1

Millions vote in Pakistan's violence-marred elections

Counting under way after a day of voting in Pakistan's historic general elections.

......Incidents of firing and grenade attacks on polling stations were also reported elsewhere, including the Khuzdar district in Balochistan and Larkana in Sindh province.

The incumbent Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) is looking to fight off a challenge by the opposition Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), led by cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan.

The Pakistan People's Party (PPP), with young scion Bilawal Bhutto Zardari at its helm, is also competing nationally, along with other parties.....

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/07/pakistan-elections-millions-votes-violence-marred-elections-180725151741285.html

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/graphic-content-captured-isis-jihadists-hanged-to-death-in-swaida/

Graphic Content: Captured ISIS jihadists hanged to death in Swaida

DAMASCUS, SYRIA (5:55 P.M.) – In retaliation for more than 160 civilians killed today in a bloody massacre, the anguished people of Swaida hanged to death three ISIS jihadists who were captured alive.

Three corpses can now be seen hanging from a metal arch near the city’s National Hospital where one of them was preparing to blow up his explosive belt.

Early morning, ISIS militants launched an onslaught on several villages located in the eastern countryside of Swaida, brutally massacring civilians.

This was done while several suicide bombers detonated themselves in several neighborhoods of the provincial capital.

captured-ISIS-in-Swaida-2-290x516.jpg