Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Best Oscar Host Ever???

spence

Given the recent *Academy awards are over & the ratings were very weak, to say the least. Think it was Jakeem that said the Nielsen ratings for them were only 24.4. & said actual viewership was about a 32.

Where is the year of *"Titanic" (l997) the record holder, were 55.6

always had a theory that the movies nommed made the ratings

What did most think of Jimmy Kimmel as the host & who do ypou personally pick as the finest ever?

Bob Hope-(l903-2003) by far holds the record at (15 to 18 times) & on a superb site goldderby.com the fans voted for Billy Crystal as A #1

Even *Sinatra had a hand in around '66 or so, but I think he was a co-host

I also thought Johnny Carson was great at it

THANK YOU

GREAT SHOT!

Billy always says it was just too exhausting hosting the Oscars & suggested for future hosts' to bring another pair of tennis shoes

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I think he did it 8 years

(P.S. & I'm not alone in this one, I also really miss Billy on "The Silver-Screen" The last film he made was made for tv.

His main passion was always wanting to be a baseball player

THANX

It's tough to pick the "best" of anything that relies mostly on subjective opinion.   Even the most objective choices made are subject to disagreement  by even those chosen as the "best".

Even guitarist supreme ANDRES SEGOVIA, when asked in an interview, "How does it feel to be the world's best guitarist?"  responded with, "Perhaps you'd better ask him.  I'm still learning." 

As much as many of us loved Johnny Carson ordinarily, and so then LOVED him as an Oscar host, there are many people who NEVER liked Carson at ANY time, so his turn as Oscar host wasn't probably seen as favorable.  Which is probably as true for any of the others who've hosted the proceedings.

So, it boils down to who do YOU feel was the "best".

Sepiatone

It sure wasn't James Franco or Anne Hathaway.

AGREED 100%   Conan 0'Brian may be a good choice & I never really thought Letterman was that awful, but obviously just had a bad day.  his writers shoulda' taken some of the blame

Doubt he'd ever do it again though, now that his own show is off

Who knows, maybe Oscar nominee himself ("The Cooler") Alec Baldwin may be chosen?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings