Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone else having this problem?

kjrwe

Is anyone else here finding that their email notifications are winding up in their spam folders?

At first this wasn't happening. Then I subscribed to a thread with the word "gay" in the topic title. Suddenly all the notifications for tcm.com were winding up in my spam folder. I thought that maybe the word "gay" is treated as a spam topic and I unsubscribed from the thread, but it's still happening. I keep having to select the tcm notifications and click on "not spam".

(As for the thread, I only had a couple of points I wanted to make there. I didn't want to spend a long time on that thread. It was just a brief "stop" for me, so to speak.)

Is anyone else having this problem (of email notifications ending up in the spam folder)?

It's still happening. At least I'm getting the email notifications. Maybe if I select "not spam" often enough, my computer/account will get the hint.

gotta "love" technology sometimes. I was trying to sign up on another site (not movie-related) yesterday and I couldn't get in because I couldn't view the characters which I had to type in in order to prove that I'm not a spambot or whatever they're called. The characters didn't even show up for me. Oy....

It's still happening. At least I'm getting the email notifications. Maybe if I select "not spam" often enough, my computer/account will get the hint.

gotta "love" technology sometimes. I was trying to sign up on another site (not movie-related) yesterday and I couldn't get in because I couldn't view the characters which I had to type in in order to prove that I'm not a spambot or whatever they're called. The characters didn't even show up for me. Oy....

If your spam filter is set to accept only emails from trusted sources, then anything not on your contacts list will be sent to the spam folder.  Maybe the TCM emails are sent to your spam folder because your email provider does not know it is a trusted source.  To get TCM emails sent to your inbox, try saving TCM's address in your list of contacts.

Have you tried turning off the e-mail notifications? You can do so by clicking the Notifications icon at the top right of the screen and choosing options.

I don't want to turn off the notifications. I want to receive the emails.

I also delete them once I'm done with them. I don't keep email for very long, so there is no clutter.

If your spam filter is set to accept only emails from trusted sources, then anything not on your contacts list will be sent to the spam folder.  Maybe the TCM emails are sent to your spam folder because your email provider does not know it is a trusted source.  To get TCM emails sent to your inbox, try saving TCM's address in your list of contacts.

Thanks. I'll try that, except that, at first, the TCM notifications were going straight into my inbox. Also, I'm getting notifications for another site I'm part of and those have never gone into the spam folder, and I don't have that site listed as a trusted source.

That's why I thought that maybe my account is sensitive to certain words (like "gay", which would have been in the subject line for previous notifications). I should check to see if my account allows me to allow certain subject-line words straight into my inbox.

The way it works for me is that when an e-Mail is sent to my address, it goes into my "mailbox".

So I get tons of e-Mail, some from people and places I know and trust, and plenty of "spam".

And since getting rid of the "spam" requires only a click of the mouse, I'm not too lazy to be able to do THAT.

I suggest YOU work the technology.  Don't let IT work you.  ;)

Sepiatone

The way it works for me is that when an e-Mail is sent to my address, it goes into my "mailbox".

So I get tons of e-Mail, some from people and places I know and trust, and plenty of "spam".

And since getting rid of the "spam" requires only a click of the mouse, I'm not too lazy to be able to do THAT.

I suggest YOU work the technology.  Don't let IT work you.  ;)

Sepiatone

I'm the same way, but that's not the problem I've been having. 

Basically I'm posting on three sites now (joined the third yesterday), and only the notifications from tcm are going into my spam folder, but not the ones from the other two sites. And even that's a problem which started recently.

Of course if I get spam, I just delete it. No big deal. I just can't figure out why suddenly the tcm notifications would wind up in my spam folder. 

No big deal. As someone else said, I should put the link into my list of contacts. I think I'll do that with the links to all three forums, just to be on the safe side.

Oh, the joys of technology...

A whitelist is the opposite of a blacklist.

Blacklisted addresses would go straight to the bit bucket. Whitelisted addresses would go to whatever folder you designate, regardless of what other spam rule they might violate.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings