Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"The Beguiled' remake with Nicole Kidman also coming up

spence

Someone may have already write of this, just in case I thought some may be interested on another summer 2017 release & remake, that of the 1971 bizarre western with Eastwood  & Geraldine Page "The Beguiled" :unsure: 

That version is strange in itself & don't know how this remake will be handled & to date there's still no trailers for it. 

Ever sine 1995's "To Die For" ($21m.) though Nicole for the most part seems to try & pick her films well.

(NOTE: An aside, personally I have since then also rated her among Hollywoods top 10 most beautiful actresses!)

& as most know she's among it's tallest in our era as well

Uma Thurman though is 6'0

So, yet another rehash & of a film that wasn't a big $hit$ to begin with?

THANX :wub: 

spence--Read the Thomas Cullinan book "The Beguiled"; the 1971 film is based on it.  The book has a seemingly charming, wounded Union soldier found by a student from a Southern girl's school in 1865.  The soldier proves not so disabled, and incurs the wrath of several of the females.

The 1971 film was beautifully done.  I may go see the remake--The 1971 film I keep hoping TCM will schedule--it's a period horror film, very well made.

• Like 1

Ever sine 1995's "To Die For" ($21m.) though Nicole for the most part seems to try & pick her films well.

(NOTE: An aside, personally I have since then also rated her among Hollywoods top 10 most beautiful actresses!)

& as most know she's among it's tallest in our era as well

Uma Thurman though is 6'0

Both Nicole Kidman and Uma Thurman are listed at 5 feet, 11 inches.

spence--Read the Thomas Cullinan book "The Beguiled"; the 1971 film is based on it.  The book has a seemingly charming, wounded Union soldier found by a student from a Southern girl's school in 1865.  The soldier proves not so disabled, and incurs the wrath of several of the females.

The 1971 film was beautifully done.  I may go see the remake--The 1971 film I keep hoping TCM will schedule--it's a period horror film, very well made.

I wouldn't call it a horror film, maybe suspense.

Not sure why they are remaking it.  What can they say or do that wasn't pretty much in the original.

The 1971 movie does show up on TV fairly often, perhaps on one of the channels that specializes in Westerns.  Although it is not a Western.

• Like 1

slaytonf--I can't find "The Beguiled" (1971) on the Universal or Universal-International list of unscheduled TCM films on MovieCollectorOH's webpage, so TCM must have aired it sometime--or I've overlooked it.

I guess I remember seeing it somewhere else.  Perhaps YouTube.

I wouldn't call it a horror film, maybe suspense.

Not sure why they are remaking it.  What can they say or do that wasn't pretty much in the original.

The 1971 movie does show up on TV fairly often, perhaps on one of the channels that specializes in Westerns.  Although it is not a Western.

Yes, more like a Southern.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings