Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

some questions about One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest & Mutiny on the Bounty '62

NipkowDisc

two questions about these two great films...

in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest when they give McMurphy electro-shock, do they really jolt him or did nicholson have to act it out?...

and....

Mutiny on the Bounty (1962) marlon brando's accentricities ruined the film from what it shoulda been but I have this question...

the actor who plays the gardener Brown is narrating the film when he says "...and god help the helmsman if the wake were not arrow straight." And I'm just wondering if a late 18th century british sea captain could flog a guy for that. certainly bligh criticized him for not better steering the ship but you couldn't flog a guy if he was doing his best with the helm, could you?

these are the kinda questions a real genius like me thinks up.

:)

1) No they did not actually give Jack Nicholson electro-shock therapy.

2) A ship's captain could flog anyone for anything while at sea. He was the absolute ruler. If he was excessively cruel, though, he could have trouble mustering a crew for future voyages, and he could perhaps be in for censure from the admiralty, although it would be the captain's word against the crew's, and they usually sided with the captain.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings