Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RO tribute programming: GWTW intro?

dianedebuda

Thought I saw in Tribute thread that the orig GWTW wraparounds were going to be shown as part of 48 hr tribute.  Any idea if true & when?  Wish there weren't so many repeats during the tribute; so many other Private Screenings I'd like to see again.

The original GWTW intro from April 14, 1994 will air tomorrow night, Saturday, March 18 at 8PM ET.

• Like 1

The original GWTW intro from April 14, 1994 will air tomorrow night, Saturday, March 18 at 8PM ET.

Great.  It had been announced, then did not appear on the schedule and I was especially

looking forward to that.

Great. It had been announced, then did not appear on the schedule and I was especially

looking forward to that.

Have you checked YouTube for it? I can't post a video, if there is one here, because I'm using my phone- but I wouldn't be surprised if there was.

(A lot of RO's introductions are on YouTube.)

• Like 1

Thought I saw in Tribute thread that the orig GWTW wraparounds were going to be shown as part of 48 hr tribute.  Any idea if true & when?  Wish there weren't so many repeats during the tribute; so many other Private Screenings I'd like to see again.

Glad you brought this up, because I didn't see it on the schedule either, but had it marked on my calendar

according to some tribute message earlier in the month.

Pretty sure this is the one where Robert says TCM will occasionally be showing movies from today. I implore every poster who has ever come on here and accused TCM of betraying its original intent by showing a movie made after 1960 to please watch this moment and realize Robert said that TCM would be showing modern movies within his first 15 seconds on the air, so you can all see how wrong you were.

I've posted this link before, but this is an article from the Baltimore Sun, Oct. 31, 1993, talking about TCM launching. Its mission statement, before it ever was on the air, was to show movies from all eras, including modern classics. Is AMC (Always More Commercials) worried at the time? Nah.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1993-10-31/features/1993304131_1_ted-turner-turner-classic-classic-movies

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings