Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Flame Barrier (1958)

NipkowDisc

one of the Arthur Gardner - Jules V. Levy horror/sci-fi gems from 1958. the one about the fallen satellite in the mexican jungle in a cave exuding an alien electric force field generating protoplasm.

only 70 minutes long but I like it. you just can't beat the sight of the dead scientist guy with the frozen death scream in the protoplasm. and just a few feet away above is this light pulsating fallen satellite sitting at the top of the protoplasmic mass, it's three antennas reaching out in all three directions torwards the cave ceiling.

kinda scary by dramatic standards but certainly nothing to today's millennials who can't even think.

I just think it'd be kinda nice for tcm to show it someday when they stop ignoring the science fiction B movie genre.

these types of old B movies are a part of our american cinema legacy but they get ignored and overlooked simply because people like warren beatty and kim novak ain't in 'em.

I acknowledge the minor contribution of tcm showing the british Satellite in the Sky because I had never seen it before tcm aired it.

one of the Arthur Gardner - Jules V. Levy horror/sci-fi gems from 1958. the one about the fallen satellite in the mexican jungle in a cave exuding an alien electric force field generating protoplasm.

only 70 minutes long but I like it. you just can't beat the sight of the dead scientist guy with the frozen death scream in the protoplasm. and just a few feet away above is this light pulsating fallen satellite sitting at the top of the protoplasmic mass, it's three antennas reaching out in all three directions torwards the cave ceiling.

kinda scary by dramatic standards but certainly nothing to today's millennials who can't even think.

I just think it'd be kinda nice for tcm to show it someday when they stop ignoring the science fiction B movie genre.

these types of old B movies are a part of our american cinema legacy but they get ignored and overlooked simply because people like warren beatty and kim novak ain't in 'em.

I acknowledge the minor contribution of tcm showing the british Satellite in the Sky because I had never seen it before tcm aired it.

You are so right. Anyone who appreciates films of this nature would also enjoy that book called "Kings of the B's" which has intense write-ups on many from this genre and more of their films should be shown, as you say, NipkowDisc. While watching last night's showing of Kansas City Confidential I was reminded that Phil Karlson of B-movie fame had done many fine films with little budget and not much time. His documentary style was revolutionary. B-Sci-Fi films are fun and entertaining and need to be on tv more.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings