Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Peter Lazer - 1946-2008

rayban

Does anybody remember the actor Peter Lazer?

He appeared in "Hombre" as Billy Lee Blake in 1966.

As a child actor, he appeared on television throughout the 1950's through the 196O's.

He even made it to "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" in 1958 and 1959.

He would seem to have been on the brink of a movie career.

He was only 20 years old when he played Billy Lee Blake in "Hombre".

But this film seems to have been his last hurrah.

I don't remember him from any of his television appearances.

There is absolutely no personal information about his life.

In the late 60's, I can remember him on the NYU campus.

So, he might have been a student there.

He was born and died in New York.

He was only 62 years old.

1431865918.png

Kinda late on the RIP there.

But it's interesting to note that a couple of years ago when watching the movie, my wife asked me if he was a young HARRISON FORD as to HER, there was some kind of resemblance.

I suppose at first blush when looking quickly, there does seem to be a bit of resemblance.  But only at a few certain angles and lighting situaions.

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Kinda late on the RIP there.

But it's interesting to note that a couple of years ago when watching the movie, my wife asked me if he was a young HARRISON FORD as to HER, there was some kind of resemblance.

I suppose at first blush when looking quickly, there does seem to be a bit of resemblance.  But only at a few certain angles and lighting situaions.

Sepiatone

Peter had very strong features.  He wasn't exactly cute.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody remember the actor Peter Lazer?

He appeared in "Hombre" as Billy Lee Blake in 1966.

As a child actor, he appeared on television throughout the 1950's through the 196O's.

He even made it to "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" in 1958 and 1959.

He would seem to have been on the brink of a movie career.

He was only 20 years old when he played Billy Lee Blake in "Hombre".

But this film seems to have been his last hurrah.

I don't remember him from any of his television appearances.

There is absolutely no personal information about his life.

In the late 60's, I can remember him on the NYU campus.

So, he might have been a student there.

He was born and died in New York.

He was only 62 years old.

1431865918.png

Thank you for mentioning this, Rayban as Peter Lazer was in one of the most chilling Alfred Hitchcock Presents episodes called Special Delivery. It was adapted from the spooky Ray Bradbury story, Boys! Grow Giant Mushrooms in Your Cellar! and though it sounds a bit silly was quite chilling and similar in tone to Invasion of the Body Snatchers with the mushrooms being from space and taking over the country by using the children to grow the spores right under the parent's noses. Also in the cast were Steve Dunne and Beatrice Straight and perennial youth, Michael Burns more famous for his role as the Blue Boy later on Dragnet. Lazer was a fine child actor and even if only for this role should be remembered.

• Like 1

Thank you for mentioning this, Rayban as Peter Lazer was in one of the most chilling Alfred Hitchcock Presents episodes called Special Delivery. It was adapted from the spooky Ray Bradbury story, Boys! Grow Giant Mushrooms in Your Cellar! and though it sounds a bit silly was quite chilling and similar in tone to Invasion of the Body Snatchers with the mushrooms being from space and taking over the country by using the children to grow the spores right under the parent's noses. Also in the cast were Steve Dunne and Beatrice Straight and perennial youth, Michael Burns more famous for his role as the Blue Boy later on Dragnet. Lazer was a fine child actor and even if only for this role should be remembered.

Thank you so much, I now remember that episode, "Special Delivery", on "Alfred Hitchcock Presents."

Really?  DRAGNET?  That's ALL you recall about MICHAEL BURNS?

Not his many appearances on TV since he was 10 years old?

His stint as BARNABY WEST for five seasons of WAGON TRAIN?

Jimmy Stewart's son in MR.HOBBS TAKES A VACATION?

The boy who became the target of Sany Dennis' affection in  THAT COLD DAY IN THE PARK?

He's now PROFESSOR EMERITUS of HISTORY at MOUNT HOLYOKE COLLEGE in Mass.

Sepiatone

• Like 2

As a child actor, he was very active on television in the 50's and 60's.

But, like so many child actors, as they grow up, they "fade away".

Still, his performance in "Hombre" would have been a good start to a movie career.

When I saw him on the NYU campus, in the late 60's, he seemed like a happy guy.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings