• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for Movie "Up FRont"

> I have been looking for the movie "Up Front". A 1951

> Universal Picture starring David Wayne and Tom Ewell,

> Directed by Alexander Hall. Bast on the book by Bill

> Mauldin.

The movie has never been released on either VHS or DVD. Since it is a Universal title there is very little chance of it playing on TCM.

I'd never say "never". I remember seeing "Up Front" on that other channel who's initials mean "Always More Commercials". Of course, that was before they made their deal with the devil. I've noticed a lot more Universal titles, that they use to show, are now showing up on TCM so you may just be surprised one day. I expect as their rights to older titles expire they'll just let them go and then perhaps (if we think good thoughts) TCM will get all of them.

When I said 'never' it was in relation to a commercial release. I figured it probably had played on the old AMC.

As for the TV rights to the older movies, I really don't think AMC will want to renew when the contracts expire. After all, they consider their experiment a success, ratings are up and they feel that the *kids* could care less about these. I read that somewhere, magazine I think. IMO. So, like you said, perhaps TCM will acquire the TV rights.