Sign in to follow this  
BLU

Can you name the actor?

Can you guess the actor?

Born: Austria, 1928

Died: 1999

Birth Name: Smylla Brynd

Trademark: Natural beauty along the lines of Ingrid Bergman

Roles: On Broadway: "The Girl" in The Seven Year Itch (role played on film by Marilyn Monroe.) Film: Small parts in The Bad & The Beautiful, The Ghost & Mrs. Muir, The Heiress.

Personal: Formerly married to a TV director (divorced)

Can you name her?

BLU

Born: 1923

Died: 1970

Trademark: Sweet young thing

Can you name her?

BLU

You are right! I deliberately left out any clues about whom she was married to, hoping it would be a little harder without it.

There are some extremely knowledgeable people on these boards.

BLU

Name the Tony-winning actor who, though born in New York City, has royal blood.

After two days, I am shocked, shocked! that there have been no answers to this "quickie" about a royal New Yorker. So... here are some more clues:

First, the mystery guest is male, not female. He has appeared in more than 150 films and TV shows, and is still working.

Anybody?

Dan

I'd say Yaphet Kotto, who is also a Cameroonian prince, but he hasn't won a Tony, nor does he have as many appearances in movies and television. But he was born

in New York City.

This is stumping me, Mr. Dan. Can I have one more clue?

Thanks, SueSue and Gilda. I appreciate your comments.

As to the Toby Wing question: I thought I already knew the answer, but just to make sure, I resorted to Internet research. And sure enough: She's the only actress with mostly unbilled appearances to have a star on the H'wyd Walk of Fame.

On a related note: One day, I mentioned to my brother that I like to do the NY Times crossword puzzles. He seemed startled. "Do you ever FINISH them?" he asked. "Sure, always," I replied. Then he cocked one eye and asked, accusingly, "but do you use the computer to help you?" "Sure," I said.

"But that's cheating!" said my bro. "No, it isn't," I replied. "It isn't cheating if you know where to look."

And that's how it is with Movie Trivia. The Internet is a great help in researching movie titles, star names, bios, etc. Besides, it's fun. But obviously, you can't just type in the question and expect to get the answer immediately. You've got to dig. And then dig some more. And sometimes, deductive reasoning will help you come up with the correct answer.

Anyway: You asked for another clue as to the New York-born Tony winner with royal blood and over 150 film and TV credits. Okay, here's one: He made his first performance in front of an audience at age six.

Who is he?

Dan

Yes, the internet and reference books are a help, but you obviously

have done much studying and research. If you don't have a background

or body of work that you have been involved with for awhile, research on the imdb

or playbill.com can only aid your search to a limited extent.

Thanks for another clue, Dan.

Hmmm... No new guesses for this question, either. I'm beginning to think this thread is going the way of running boards and rotary phones.

But, just in the off chance that someone -- ANYone -- out there still cares, I'll add another clue to the actor's identity.

Probably because he has Italian blood, one of his film characters was nicknamed "****."

Okay, so now we've got these clues:

A Tony-winning actor who, though born in New York City, has royal blood.

The mystery guest is male.

He made his first public appearance when he was six.

He has appeared in more than 150 films and TV shows, and is still working.

He has Italian blood, and in one of his films he is called "****."

Who is he?

Dan

OK - NOW I get it.

Rene Auberjonois

He played Fr. Mulcahy in the movie version of MASH, and his character was referred to as "**** Red." He is related to the Bonaparte family, as in Napoleon.

"**** Red" is a common military nickname for a Catholic chaplain, Dan, and it refers to the red wine used in the Catholic Mass, as well to cheap, fortified red wine like Thunderbird, which was made by the Gallo Winery. (I didn't spend 7 years as a Navy wife for nothin', you know.)

Please feel free to step up to the plate, Dan. I've got another question going elsewhere, and I don't think I'm going to be able to give too much attention to the boards tonight.

Okay, I'll give it a shot.

Name the actress who starred in two of the best-known epic films as well as more than 100 others... and who is related to an Olympic gold medalist.

Dan

Dan, I've been reading and searching for days. Judith is amazing!

What a great question, and what an informative response. :)

Sophia Loren?

She was in "el cid' and "fall of the roman empire"

Thanks, Gilda, for submitting your guess. But according to the trivia question, our mystery guest made at least 102 movies. Loren hasn't appeared in that many. Close, but not quite.

Dan

What 1980's TV actor from one of the popular nighttime soaps is a direct descendant of Benjamin Franklin?

What 1980's TV actor from one of the popular nighttime soaps is a direct descendant of Benjamin Franklin?

Jack Coleman. Um, siodmak... Would you mind waiting? We already have a question going on this board. It's:

Name the actress who starred in two of the best-known epic films as well as more than 100 others... and who is related to an Olympic gold medalist.

Thanks

Dan