Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Maybe Jack Is Coming Back

TomJH

Well, God bless 'im if he does.  If he has the health and energy to undertake making another movie I can't think of any inrelligent sounding reason why he shouldn't.

He's an incredible talent, and there's plenty of people out here who like him, and even the most mundane and banal projects he ever got involved in were vastly improved by his presence alone.

Sepiatone

I was delighted to see Warren Beatty appear in his first movie in 15 years with last year's Rules Don't Apply. Yes, it bombed, the fact of which was trumpeted with extreme joy by a certain poster around here, but I didn't care. It was a good movie, and it was great to see Beatty on the big screen again. I would be equally delighted to see Nicholson return and will continue to hold out hope for both Connery and Hackman. 

• Like 2

I miss seeing Jack in the audience at the Oscars, front row, often with that big Jack smile going and the cool Foster Grants on.

jack1.jpg

BD6f6dwCIAMjPxP.jpg

Next to Five Easy Pieces and Chinatown, I think Jack's best performances have been at the Academy Awards.

My favorite one was the night that he was chosen to honor Warren Beatty with the Irving G thalberg Award. I don't know if Jack made up the dialogue as he was going along or it was written by someone else; anyway it sounded so spontaneous that I just couldn't help laughing.

I was delighted to see Warren Beatty appear in his first movie in 15 years with last year's Rules Don't Apply. Yes, it bombed, the fact of which was trumpeted with extreme joy by a certain poster around here, but I didn't care. It was a good movie, and it was great to see Beatty on the big screen again. I would be equally delighted to see Nicholson return and will continue to hold out hope for both Connery and Hackman.

Bomb--Sla-bomb--who's to say what about art when it first appears. Besides Bizet's Carmen was a bomb. Nijinsky's Afternoon of a Faun was a bomb. And well we won't even go into my beloved Magical Mystery Tour by The Beatles.

Who knows what they'll say about Rules Don't Apply after we are all long gone.

All I know is the here and now and what I know is that Warren Beatty is a great actor, director, producer,writer and well, you know what else. LMREO

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings