Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A couple more all-time best movies polls & lists

spence

I know some may get tired of these & others love them as I do

More places that voted the Top 10 all-time greatest movies

(RT rotten tomatoes.com 2013 poll out of 100):

1st The Wizard of 0z

2. The Third Man-(SURPRISE COMING FROM THIS SITE, BUT RT KINDA STARTED AS A JOKE, BUT HAS A LOT OF RESPECT NOW IN RATING NEW RELEASES)

3. Kane

4. Cabinet of Caligeri

5th All About Eve

6. Modern Times"_(ALRIGHT!)

7. The Godfather, Part 1")(YES)

8. E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial

9. Metropolis

10th Singin In the Rain

& timeout.com (l995 poll)

All-Time greatest film: "Kane" Actor: Brando & Actress: Kate Hepburn

• Like 1

Just came across another from my files. (NOTE: You can easily cross reference all of this on line & some in books, believe it or not there are still holding their head above water, for now anyway. I love the net, but there shoulda' been room for it!? Nothing like the smell of a bookstore, who agrees?)

time-out.com Filmguide-(UK site & mag)(2005 poll):

1st Kane

2. GFI

3. Rules of the Game

4. Vertigo

5th place Seven Samurai

6. Lawrence of Arabia

7. Raging Bull

8. Touch of Evil

9. Tokyo Story'^

& 10th lace L'Atalanta"

Film Sites(AMC.com) By Tom Dirks (2007) poll only the top 10 out of 100 again-(NOTE: On that note have tons of the entire lists in most of these polls, which Kirk/Tom & all most, except & I nag them TCM? stared with AFI's 199yrs...100 Movies"

AMC & Tom Dirks choices:

1st GFI"

2n Shawshank Redemption

4 3. "Psycho"

4. "vertigo"

5th place "Schindler List"-(THAT WAS COMPLELE WHAT WAS POBBSILBE!)

6. Kane

7. Casablanca"-(& on a had a weekly tv seris w/David Soul in mid '80's)'

.,8. Rear Window.'

9. Star Wars

& 10th place/runnor up"

One Flew 0ver the Cuckoo's Nest"

(TRIGERR QUESTION: Filmsite'de

We have fun with Polls and Lists on the TCM Message Boards.  Some of us love them and some of us bemoan them.  Throughout the years of the TCM Message Boards we have all sorts of polls and lists  announcing the best actor or actress, best character actor/actress, top 10 movies in a particular genre, best one-liners, etc., from different websites.  My question to TCM Nation: Has TCM ever released a poll or lists on anything about Classic Movies? 

Attention TCM Programmer: Turner Classic Movies will have its Silver Anniversary in a couple years.  To help celebrate this event would it not be grand if TCM were to ask members of the TCM Message Board and maybe the American Film Institute to put together a poll/listings of the best movies by genre, year, actors/actresses, directors, etc.   The results of the rankings would be released under the TCM.com moniker to national publications and shown throughout the Silver Anniversary year celebration. 

We have fun with Polls and Lists on the TCM Message Boards.  Some of us love them and some of us bemoan them.  Throughout the years of the TCM Message Boards we have all sorts of polls and lists  announcing the best actor or actress, best character actor/actress, top 10 movies in a particular genre, best one-liners, etc., from different websites.  My question to TCM Nation: Has TCM ever released a poll or lists on anything about Classic Movies? 

Attention TCM Programmer: Turner Classic Movies will have its Silver Anniversary in a couple years.  To help celebrate this event would it not be grand if TCM were to ask members of the TCM Message Board and maybe the American Film Institute to put together a poll/listings of the best movies by genre, year, actors/actresses, directors, etc.   The results of the rankings would be released under the TCM.com moniker to national publications and shown throughout the Silver Anniversary year celebration.

AGREED UPON 100%

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings