Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help finding a title

I watched this movie a while ago and i loved it alot, but i cant seem to find any information on it, i would love if someone can help me find out what it is.

It was about this rich guy that was very mean, and was on somekind of a cruise but then he falls off the boat and he loses consciousness, he was rescued by a guy that was annoying him earlier and the rich guy wakes up and assumes a different personality, he is charming and alot more caring then he was before, while at the same time he is trying to rob himself of the money that he owns in order to run away. The friend that he made on the boat is also trying to help him steal the money and the rich man intents to split it with him. When he arrives back he is picked up by his wife. Before the rich man was very rude and unaffectionate to his wife but through out the movie he seems to be alot more affectionate towards her which freaks her out at first. I believe he also owned a pharmacy and he was also bery mean to his employees, with also changed in the end. I believe the movie ended with the rich man pretending to get his old personality back but it turns out he was just faking it to get rid of the antagonists. I believe the movie was either black and white or early technicolor.

I would love any help with finding this movie, it would really be very much appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

Sounds like

I Love You Again (1940)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032617/

It does, but there are some big differences too..in I Love You Again, ​William Powell is the one who is credited for saving the 'annoying' guy,(Frank McHugh, who pretends to be his doctor) and Powell realizes he's really a con man who's had amnesia for the last 9 years, during which he ran a pottery factory and was married to Myrna Loy (who is already engaged to someone else when he returns)..and the money isn't the guys--it's for a town charity.  If you remember Powell making love bird 'cooing' sounds at Loy, then this is the one :) 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings