Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has ananyone seen or plan to go & see newest "Beauty and the Beast?

spence

When the epic & epicly $expensive$ monster movie "Kong: Skull Island" a couple of weeks back, it seems that it would go through the $B.$ roof, but fell short on opening weekend of expectation ($161m.) for 4 day opening

Now comes this newest version of "Beauty and the Beast" & once again Disney is filing it's coffers, it opened to a powerful $170m. on it's 3 day opening & broke some worldwide record of already going over $500m or even more!

To date it's hit about $320m & nothing coming up soon appears to be getting in it's way

NOW, for you fans it's not animated this time right? But is still a musical right?

I searched other day a bit & couldn't find these 2 things out?

I went to the '91 musical version ($146m.) (***1/2) (still 1 of just 3 BP Oscar contenders for BP)

Man, man, o, man Uncle Walt may have expected his parks & films to do well, but about 555 or more of all current releases is attached Sadly he smoked a tonage of cigs & only made it to age 65 in 1966 & much to that legendary rumor of him being frozen, another asinine rumor, I've actually walked past his grave/niche actually, several family members are with him on a big placque, just outside the frt door of "Freedom Maus." But it's so covered in foliage it's almost disguised. & I've written about this for yrs Glendale's "F. Lawn" is rather rude to visitors & you must be quick. Cyndi TRACY used to insist he was near Spencer Tracy & 1 is on the other side of the bldg. Flynn's closest to Tracy-(30-35ft)So never did get a shot of Walt's, despite to trips. Hidden but not off limits like many in the massive place. Bogey & now Bacall's are supposed to be locked away, but I saw the nitwits once on FB that not only broke into his area but hung out, talking loud!

wonder what his fav. film was of his all-timer work?

I barely go for "Dumbo" bet his was "Pinocchio?"-(also Spielberg #1)

& will always rate "Fantasia" as somewhat the "Kane" of animated, experimental

THANK YOU

Sure, I plan to see it, but not while just about every show is selling out. In fact, I'll probably wait until it gets to our local second-run theatre and see it for $2.50. Of course, that may be months away, but I'll wait.

If ever a motion picture required no remake, it's Disney's BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.  From what I can tell, it does absolutely nothing to enhance the original, and actually bogs it down by adding unnecessary material, making it run over two hours.  As for Walt's favorite, I seem to recall reading, years ago, that BAMBI was his favorite animated film, and MARY POPPINS his favorite film, overall.  However, I have nothing to substantiate that.

I saw it with my mother recently. The movie was entertaining but not spectacular. What made it good for me was the actors who play Lefou and Gaston and the castle dwellers (Emma Thompson, Ian Mckellan, and Ewan McGregor). They played their roles pretty well and had me laughing at times. Emma Watson played Belle okay, but she's not a singer. That's what happens when filmmakers go for star power instead of people with experience. The start of the movie was a big rushed but it gradually got better. In conclusion, this is a good entertaing movie to watch with your family & kids. Just don't expect high quality.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings