Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MEXIFORNIA & LEFT COAST NEWS

4 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

the law isn't supposed to facilitate criminals and criminality...

that is insane. so now we have sunk to having people carrying the law not reporting prospective murderers?

if liberals can swallow that then they eill swallow anything.

At what point in what either I or James posted was it stated that a murder should not be reported?

My question was what is the procedure if a suspect is illegal, and they are reported as such to the Feds. My question was trying to ascertain if the Feds just deport them, which to me is not the justice due to a murderer. I would rather they be tried and punished for the crime of murder rather than for being an illegal. Not reporting them as being illegal does not mean they set murder suspects free.

trump may be an ignorant fool but what jamesjazzguitar touches on is nothing less than culpable aiding and abetting of criminals by those who's function it is to be antithetical to the perpetration of crime...

and that is insane.

california...

you make yourselves undeserving of the climate you are blessed with.

35 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

At what point in what either I or James posted was it stated that a murder should not be reported?

My question was what is the procedure if a suspect is illegal, and they are reported as such to the Feds. My question was trying to ascertain if the Feds just deport them, which to me is not the justice due to a murderer. I would rather they be tried and punished for the crime of murder rather than for being an illegal. Not reporting them as being illegal does not mean they set murder suspects free.

Since I'm upset that the O.C. now has to follow the insane CA State law (the last county that had to comply), I misspoke.  If the illegal immigrant is a wanted murder then they are turned over to the jurisdiction where the crime was done and there is a trial.  After that they are only deported IF turned over to the Feds.   I don't know if the new CA law changes that.

I should have said a convicted murder (i.e. someone that has a criminal record but is NOT currently wanted for a crime).    Either way to me this law is bad.  Every illegal immigrant that is in custody should be turned over to the Feds so the Feds can decide what happens to them.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Deborah Simmons: Police ordered the Samaritans to pack up or face citations from the city: Food giveaways must first have a health certificate. (God forbid the jars of apple butter didn’t come from a bona fide, government-sanctioned food pantry.)

http://go.shr.lc/2E5orVX  #Opinion

hjtutzGj?format=jpg&name=600x314

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/28/when-government-clashes-with-good-samaritans-homel/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

On 12/28/2017 at 5:11 PM, NipkowDisc said:

you make yourselves undeserving of the climate you are blessed with.

Californians do not make themselves undeserving. It's not their fault if everyone and their brother and sister want to come here. And yes, Californians are blessed, but know better than to have the hubris to claim the appellation of "God's Country" which means in other parts of the US rank hypocrisy. I'm just an ole heathen from California but I am told that we are all God's creatures and that one should love all of God's creation (including Californians) and that if one persists in naughty threads denigrating God's handiwork then that self=same type might just find him/her self heading South after Judgement Day.

:ph34r:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, laffite said:

Californians do not make themselves undeserving. It's not their fault if everyone and their brother and sister want to come here. And yes, Californians are blessed, but know better than to have the hubris to claim the appellation of "God's Country" which means in other parts of the US rank hypocrisy. I'm just an ole heathen from California but I am told that we are all God's creatures and that one should love all of God's creation (including Californians) and that if one persists in naughty threads denigrating God's handiwork then that self=same type might just find him/her self heading South after Judgement Day.

" I wish they all could be California Boys! "

2 hours ago, laffite said:

I live in Northern Virginia and this is definitely NOT God's country. Whether you believe in God or not, that slogan usually means a pleasant place with pleasant people. Maybe the place would be pleasant without the people, I don't know. My 90 year old mother is very afraid that my 92 year old father is about to die, afraid of what will become of her. She is very well off financially and lives in Texas, 5 minutes away from both of my sisters, and considering all of the problems she has - two time cancer survivor, high blood pressure that is difficult to control, diabetes - I am very surprised I am sitting here and saying that she will probably be the survivor since dad has gone downhill fast in the past year. Too late to make a long story short, I told her that we would not put her in a nursing home, that she was welcome to move up here with me if dad died first, but that she would be very unhappy here because I've been very unhappy here...for the last 25 years. It is not that the people are rude, it is just that everybody is caught up in their own little world of wine tastings, international  travel, and cooking classes, and if you try to make conversation with them casually they look at you like you are a potential panhandler. This really came home to me a few weeks ago when I called a vitamin store back in Texas I did business with before I moved up here. I've been ordering certain vitamins by mail from them since I moved here - they do not have an internet presence and I have to phone them. This woman was a total stranger to me, but we had a 45 minute chat about all kinds of things - about how "the place" back home had changed, how she had bought the business from the people who once owned it, family stuff, etc. I felt like I knew her by the end of the conversation, and I did not feel like I was taking up her valuable time like I would if I talked to anybody up here for more than 3 minutes. Oh, and she remembered me from back when she was a clerk there 30 years ago and she did describe me correctly. When I hung up I realized just how much I missed the friendly folk of Texas and had become accustomed to the walking texting ice cubes that pass for people up here. Again, too late to make a long story short, if somebody offers you a big job with a big salary in the greater DC area and you are already employed DON'T DO IT!!! THIS IS A HORRIBLE PLACE!  Sorry to get OT on an OT thread, but if you believe that all people think that where they live is God's country, let me tell you that the greater DC area certainly is not!

21 hours ago, JakeHolman said:

Deborah Simmons: Police ordered the Samaritans to pack up or face citations from the city: Food giveaways must first have a health certificate. (God forbid the jars of apple butter didn’t come from a bona fide, government-sanctioned food pantry.)

http://go.shr.lc/2E5orVX  #Opinion

hjtutzGj?format=jpg&name=600x314

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/28/when-government-clashes-with-good-samaritans-homel/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

Apparently this happened in Georgia, not California, but it is a nationwide problem. I think some places have passed laws to make it illegal to feed the homeless. The homeless are routinely dispersed from public land. Where exactly are they supposed to go? No wonder so many people kill themselves when they are about to become homeless, because to be homeless in the US is to be an un-person, given their treatment. I remember a story in the papers a couple of years back where a man - not homeless - r ape d a homeless woman. She had to make a stink to get him arrested and his defense was - she was a homeless woman! The homeless woman managed to get to court every day when the case went to trial - the prosecutor didn't offer her any transportation - and the guy was convicted but got only three years. After all she was just a homeless woman! (This is s nark)

Excuse bad spelling to try and trick the auto monitor.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, calvinnme said:

Apparently this happened in Georgia, not California, but it is a nationwide problem. I think some places have passed laws to make it illegal to feed the homeless. The homeless are routinely dispersed from public land. Where exactly are they supposed to go? No wonder so many people kill themselves when they are about to become homeless, because to be homeless in the US is to be an un-person, given their treatment. I remember a story in the papers a couple of years back where a man - not homeless - r ape d a homeless woman. She had to make a stink to get him arrested and his defense was - she was a homeless woman! The homeless woman managed to get to court every day when the case went to trial - the prosecutor didn't offer her any transportation - and the guy was convicted but got only three years. After all she was just a homeless woman! (This is s nark)

Excuse bad spelling to try and trick the auto monitor.

You only need to worry about the board's self appointed spell / grammar checkers.:angry:

7 hours ago, calvinnme said:

It is not that the people are rude, it is just that everybody is caught up in their own little world of wine tastings, international  travel, and cooking classes, and if you try to make conversation with them casually they look at you like you are a potential panhandler.

They sound like a financially elite group whereby it may not be surprising to look down on those not in their class. This is everywhere, not peculiar to any particular locale. And the nice people of Texas (no sarcasm) are to be found everywhere too. This is why a blog (posing as a thread) devoted to non-stop attack on a particular locale and that is based on political extremism is disheartening (to be kind).

But your experience is real and I can sense the frustration where elderly parents are concerned. I do hope things work out well for you. The best to you and your family.

laffite

3 hours ago, laffite said:

They sound like a financially elite group whereby it may not be surprising to look down on those not in their class. This is everywhere, not peculiar to any particular locale. And the nice people of Texas (no sarcasm) are to be found everywhere too. This is why a blog (posing as a thread) devoted to non-stop attack on a particular locale and that is based on political extremism is disheartening (to be kind).

But your experience is real and I can sense the frustration where elderly parents are concerned. I do hope things work out well for you. The best to you and your family.

laffite

Thanks laffite. The funny thing is, these financially elite are coworkers! So it's not exactly like we have hugely disparate salaries! I've been to California for extended work assignments and I thought it was a lovely place. Beautiful weather and I must say one thing for Californians - they drive to and from work with military precision. This was true in SD, SF, and LA. They get in their lanes and stay there. Now maybe the proliferation of cell phones has changed that, but it was true from the 80s until the last time I had to go there for a field assignment which was 2003.  I think Republicans like to savage California because they violently disagree with its state laws. Funny how the GOP types are for state rights when it is THEIR kind of laws and against them when it is not.

Ben Stein: 'Sanctuary State' California Flirting with 'Civil War' - via @TeamCavuto, @CGasparino, @cvpayne

Oq4Qwk0c?format=jpg&name=600x314

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/01/06/ben-stein-sanctuary-state-california-may-start-civil-war-court-over-immigration

Ben Stein: "This is essentially a rebellion by the state of California... It is very, very close to the beginning of a civil war. I hope it's not with bloodshed. I hope it's just with litigation."

On 1/4/2018 at 7:11 PM, jakeem said:

The California versus Trump narrative couldn't be any clearer today -->

California legalizes weed, Trump targets it

California tackles climate change, Trump wants offshore drilling

California protects immigrants in the country illegally, Trump pushes for wall

trump Vendetta

1 minute ago, LawrenceA said:

In 2015, California paid over $405 billion in federal taxes.

Just to keep things in perspective.

I really wish the Supreme Court would rule on if Fed funds can be withheld when a state doesn't cooperate with a Federal initiative.    I believe the 55 mile speed limit already established that the Feds could withhold 'relevant' funds.  E.g. Transportation funding related to 55 mile speed limit.       If that is the case the Feds should be able to withhold funds related to law enforcement (since the states \ cities are not cooperating with the Feds on law enforcement).

2 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I really wish the Supreme Court would rule on if Fed funds can be withheld when a state doesn't cooperate with a Federal initiative.    I believe the 55 mile speed limit already established that the Feds could withhold 'relevant' funds.  E.g. Transportation funding related to 55 mile speed limit.       If that is the case the Feds should be able to withhold funds related to law enforcement (since the states \ cities are not cooperating with the Feds on law enforcement).

I don't think the push to defund is that specific, though. They're seeking a withholding of all federal funds, regardless of their earmark. Perhaps if they were to narrow the focus to law enforcement, a sector which people don't like to see reductions in, the move may gain populist support within the state. Not likely, but maybe.