Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

POLL AGAIN: Your all-time favorite out & out comes?

spence

By out & out I don't mean the brilliance of Network-(comedy drama) Cuckoo's Nest" Terms of Endearment" "Sunset Blvd" or "The Apartment" they border on drama & comedy s all know Like life itself, but from The Marx Bros, Fields, Three Stooges, A &C, Stan & Ollie-(NOTE Many may hate for this though Stan & Ollie were all-time ultimate screen due, but over 31yrs I think the both Ralph Kramer & Art Cay from TV's legendary tv show "The Honeymooners" don't qualify here & by the way Gleason's idols most of his life were Ollie & Jack 0akie & even Chaplin bordered his works between the lines, except for maybe his A #1 Modern Times-(last viewing of his Little Tramp & he went Welles even further, Orson starred, wrote-(though Pauline Kael begs to different)directed & produced. Charles did him 1 further in composing his own music i.e. Smile & who can left out the tragic Buster Keaton.

So please cast your candidates' for the funniest to date I know it won't be Chris Tucker or Pauly Shore though, I hope. & always forget his name, the obvious limey that did a lousy Arthur remake?

AFI voted: "Some Like it Hot (l959) as A #1 in it's 2000 AFI"s 100Years..100 Laughs

Have to look it up in flies for a couple more

EW.com) (2000 readers poll-(over 2,000 voted)(NOTE: Ever notice after AFI had it's mammoth '98 poll & tv special, all jumped on the wagon. But, the are vastly need of another fans poll by now & I keep nagging them & EW's was superbly in depth of each category) (even the local paper down here polled it's readers on overall favs. St. Pete Times" no surprise GWTWTW won by a lot, but had a few other surprises init top 25

Airplane (l980) was the winner with Entertainment weekly

Hollywood.com as well in 2000 conducted a very tedious poll &

need to also do this one again & my own:

FB's tcm (TCM (FILM FANATICS)companion site/page voted & by a wide margin Arsenic & Old Lace

& MY OWN COMEDIES:

1st Modern Times

2nd would City lights but it has a bit of heavy drama & pathos in it

3. A Night at the 0pera"

4. Duck Soup"

5. Dr Strangelove & How I Learned to Drop the Bomb

6. Annie Hall

6. Bringing Up Baby

7. His Girl Friday

8. The General"

9. "Sullivan's Travels"

& "It's a Gift"

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings