Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

it is possible to recreate original star trek

NipkowDisc

first let me say I think the cgi representations of the crew in this are terrible. the necks are too elongated but the fantastic thing about this video is that these are not the actual voices.

incredible! fantastic facsimiles.

with further improvement to the cgi we can have old star trek back.

this guy england can do it... :D

We're stuck with the reboots.  Must modernized / update or trendies won't watch.

Since no one can ever quite fathom whatever's going through Nip's mind (y'know, he might be looking at a snowglobe and picturing William Daniels and Howie Mandel as doctors), I first thought he was referring to the Paramount's CGI-enhanced hi-def Trek: Original Series restoration that's been on Blu-ray for...what, almost ten years now?

So, y'know, was kinda puzzled what he meant by "Back", especially about something that hasn't left.

(Used to be on HDDVD, back during the Paramount Bribe years, but that's over now.)

• Like 1

Since no one can ever quite fathom whatever's going through Nip's mind (y'know, he might be looking at a snowglobe and picturing William Daniels and Howie Mandel as doctors), I first thought he was referring to the Paramount's CGI-enhanced hi-def Trek: Original Series restoration that's been on Blu-ray for...what, almost ten years now?

So, y'know, was kinda puzzled what he meant by "Back", especially about something that hasn't left.

(Used to be on HDDVD, back during the Paramount Bribe years, but that's over now.)

The CGI restoration was nicely done, just enough not to ruin the original concept.  There were limitations and expense what could had beenn done back then.  The Doomsday machine no longer resembles a textured painted  windsock.

new_15.jpg

Was a bit stun how small the thing is!  Goodness you mean the Dominion could had took it on? :blink:

znj1c.jpg

I very much liked the enhanced cgi eps of ten years ago except for the paradise syndrome.

they have the deflector beam from the obelisk orange when it shoulda been blue...and spock's brain

the old imorg ship is better than the new cgi one.

any doubt that the obelisk deflector beam shoulda been blue I cite sabrina scharf's dialogue as miramanee...

she says to kirk something about going into the obelisk and "making the blue flame come out".

but all in all the new cgi is most welcome since the original constitution class enterprise was given new life.

chris pine was and is a lousy choice to play kirk. he looks like keir dullea from 2001. :lol:

they wrote us off.

they wrote shatner off...

and we wrote them off! :D

first let me say I think the cgi representations of the crew in this are terrible. the necks are too elongated but the fantastic thing about this video is that these are not the actual voices.

incredible! fantastic facsimiles.

with further improvement to the cgi we can have old star trek back.

this guy england can do it... :D

I think getting Shatner to do all the parts to recreate the original 1960's Star Trek series, in a kind of Alec Guinness type way would be admirable. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings