Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

In The 1980s I Watched On Pay Cable ...

Palmerin

... most of a Spanish movie that was obviously very recent. It told the real life story of a love triangle in the 1950s that ended with the murder of one of the women involved. The concluding scroll said that the surviving couple were condemned to death, but that Franco commuted the sentence, and the two were instead condemned to prison terms that they served.

Does anyone here recognize this plot?

Sounds like a cross between two films by Spanish director Vicente Aranda. "El Lute, Run for Your Life" (1987) features an 11th-hour reprieve from Franco for the title hero. The 1991 film "Amantes" (or "Lovers") has an ill-fated romantic triangle.

Sounds like a cross between two films by Spanish director Vicente Aranda. "El Lute, Run for Your Life" (1987) features an 11th-hour reprieve from Franco for the title hero. The 1991 film "Amantes" (or "Lovers") has an ill-fated romantic triangle.

Judging from its article in IMDb, I think AMANTES is the movie I remember. Thanks for your help; I'll try to watch it again.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings