Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kookie, Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb

Janet0312

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Janet. I used to watch Dick Clark's Saturday night show faithfully. (I somewhat shame-facedly admit that I combed my hair like Dick Clark back then.) I actually still have the 45 of this masterpiece. Warner's was great at cross-promotion. They had all these "dreamy" kids under contract and their own in-house record label, so why not combine the two and make all the money they could off of it? Thanks again for this unexpected but totally enjoyable gift. All-time fave from that show: Jackie Wilson.

77 Sunset Strip is on MeTV weeknights at 4 AM ET.  One night last week they had a "crossover" with Connie Stevens and Anthony Eisley from Hawaiian Eye.  They do this with the other WB shows of the period.

Thanks, Janet. I used to watch Dick Clark's Saturday night show faithfully. (I somewhat shame-facedly admit that I combed my hair like Dick Clark back then.) I actually still have the 45 of this masterpiece. Warner's was great at cross-promotion. They had all these "dreamy" kids under contract and their own in-house record label, so why not combine the two and make all the money they could off of it? Thanks again for this unexpected but totally enjoyable gift. All-time fave from that show: Jackie Wilson.

Oh, very cool. I think Kookie is dreamy.

• Like 1

Janet--I never could forgive Kookie for getting married. But to me he is still the ginchiest!

He gets married??? I don't watch the show every morning, only when I can't sleep, so I'm not even sure what season it is right now. I haven't seen Kookie in quite a while though.

He gets married??? I don't watch the show every morning, only when I can't sleep, so I'm not even sure what season it is right now. I haven't seen Kookie in quite a while though.

You're going to have to forgive me here - - when this all occurred I was in kindergarten or the first grade. I couldn't really tell the difference between the actor and the character on TV - - all I know is that in the movie mags, that I bought religiously every week for a quarter-- Edd Byrnes really married a woman and it broke my young heart.LOL

By the way, when I can, I stay up till 3 o'clock in the morning to watch Strip

- - after all these years it still does not disappoint.

FYI, Warner's also released a holiday single of Kookie doing a hipster version of "The Night Before Christmas" called "Yulesville". ('It was the night before Christmas and all through the pad not a hepcat was swingin' and that's nowhere, Dad.") 

• Like 1

So furious that our local station that was carrying Me TV, change to the horrible Charge, thus losing 77 SUNSET STRIP, which I was recording, and watching, daily.  Loved it during its original run, and was loving seeing them again.

FYI, Warner's also released a holiday single of Kookie doing a hipster version of "The Night Before Christmas" called "Yulesville". ('It was the night before Christmas and all through the pad not a hepcat was swingin' and that's nowhere, Dad.")

I can recall that I also bought a follow-up 45 to Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb and I believe it was called Kookie's Mad Pad. But it didn't seem to have the same popularity as the original 45 single.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings