Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WHERE ARE "SILENT SUNDAYS"?

I'm MAD-why even BOTHER with a so-called "Silent Sunday" if you're not going to even HAVE it half the time? Why pretend it will be a regular thing, instead of just honestly scheduling silent movies now and then? I'm SO mad! I look forward to a silent movie on Sunday ALL WEEK, and then-NOTHING! Plus they're showing all this 60's-70's mess lately-are we losing yet ANOTHER "classic" movie channel? God, how I wish I had the money to begin my own classic movie channel-I'd know how to do it right, and when I regularly scheduled silent movies, it would be more often than late Sunday night, and I wouldn't CHEAT the viewers out of them when I did! Like they show SUCH a variety of silents as it is-Chaplin, Lloyd, Keaton, the so-called "landmark" silents- and that's usually about it. Hardly ever any Joan Crawford or Clara Bow "jazz baby" silents, hardly any Mary Pickford or Lillian Gish, hardly EVER any Gloria Swanson, or the society or "tea time" high society silents that people then AND now loved to see for the escapism and glimpse of an enviable fantasy life. i just can't BELIEVE it-WHY WHY WHY?

Did you ever think that TCM isn't here to just put on what you want. I'm sure many people enjoy the 60's and 70's movies. Besides, it's Summer Under the Stars and they have specials on right now. I don't see how you can get so mad over a movie anyways.

Although this critisim was discussed before, it still is a good point! Silent Sunday Night happens to get pre-empted too many times and classic movie fans are outraged! I mean where else can someone watch a silent movie at? I strongly disagree that there are fans of TCM that are happy to watch 60's, and 70's movies. I venture to say that if there was poll, 95% of TCM's viewers would say that they could do without any 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's movies shown!

This isn't about them just putting on "what I want". THEY are the ones who have so-called "Silent Sundays", and THEY are the ones who make it a regularly scheduled thing to look forward to-and then THEY are the ones who pre-empt it more often than not. They could STILL show the dum 60s-70s movies(and compete with AMC), and not mess with Silent Sundays. I'm not saying they have to do something THEY haven't already implicitly promised to do by CALLING it "Silent Sundays"!

WOW I didn't mean to offend you I was just trying to put another view out there. I mean I agree with you that they shouldn't advertise it if they're not going to have it, but I couldn't see why you were getting so mad over it. Sorry if I offended you, I just thought I would put a different opinion out there. Isn't that what these forums all about?