Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

None Shall Escape (1944): Opinions?

None Shall Escape (1944), directed by Andre de Toth and featuring Marsha Hunt & Alexander Knox, is being shown this afternoon at 4:30pm on TCM. Having never heard of it before, much less seen it, I'm looking forward to catching at least part of it. Has anyone else an opinion of this movie? The link below is to an article here on TCM describing the interesting background of the film. Thanks in advance for your take on this movie:

http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article/?cid=153094

I have an appointment with destiny today at 4:00 pm at the dentist so I am recording this one to watch later. Alexander Knox has always intrigued me so I know this movie will meet all my expectations. I like these lesser known actors that seem to give 100% in their performance. That is why I always look for them when selecting movies to look out for.

You're very welcome, Vallo. Too bad I had to go to the doctors today, so I missed it. Gotta get my vcr fixed. You might want to check out the opinions offered over on General Discussions under the film's title that Ken123 started.

I hope that it will be repeated again in the near future, though it isn't currently scheduled on TCM.

I took a look at this thread yesterday, and considered it a heads-up to take a look at this film. I'm glad I did. It was a good viewing experience in itself, and also a good example of a wartime film that was used to spread information that the nation wanted to make known. It anticipated a post-war Nuremburg Trials type of

setting for prosecuting war crimes, and it involved one of the earliest mentions of

the Holocaust. It ranks with 'Hitler's Children' as a successful effert to give the American public a look at what was going on in Nazi Germany. I'm glad I saw it.

• 2 weeks later...