Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump and North Korea

1 hour ago, LawrenceA said:

I can't get over this picture:

trump-salutes-nk-general-1528988957.jpg?

Even the North Koreans can't believe Trump saluted them.

Now I know we hear this a lot, but just imagine if Obama had done this. :blink:

VoteVetsVerified account @votevets 2h2 hours ago

Korean War Veteran John Wright was one of the last troops to retreat from Pyongyang, when the Chinese took it from UN/US forces

He says Trump saluting the North Korean military is a "slap in the face" to all Korean War veterans.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

It was totally inappropriate for Trump to salute.  I cannot believe that the four Trump defenders/apologists are letting this go by.  Of course, then Trump can do no wrong.

• Thanks 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/dem-senators-move-to-halt-potential-us-troop-withdrawal-from-s-korea/ar-AAyAO8D

Dem senators move to halt potential U.S. troop withdrawal from S. Korea

A pair of Democratic senators on Wednesday introduced an amendment to the annual defense policy bill that would stop President Trump from withdrawing U.S. forces from South Korea without the Pentagon's input.

The amendment "would help prevent the President from making a rash decision about troop reductions on the Korean Peninsula that negatively impacts our national security," Sens. Tammy Duckworth (Ill.) and Chris Murphy (Conn.) said in a joint statement.

Introduced for the Fiscal 2019 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), the provision would stop a withdraw "unless the U.S. Secretary of Defense certifies it is in our national security interest and would not significantly undermine the security of our allies in the region."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44478395

North Korea sanctions remain until complete denuclearisation, says US

North Korea will not see any economic sanctions lifted until it has demonstrated "complete denuclearisation", US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has said.

Mr Pompeo was speaking at a press conference in Seoul with his South Korean and Japanese counterparts.

It comes days after President Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un held a historic summit in Singapore.

The leaders signed a statement pledging to establish a new relationship.

Mr Kim also reaffirmed its previous promises to work towards the "complete denuclearisation of the Korean peninsula".

But there has been deep scepticism about the agreement, with observers saying it lacked detail on how North Korea would give up its nuclear weapons and how that process would be verified.

18 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Sir, I never served in the U.S. military, but is it too late for me to serve in your's?

LMREO!! What about those bone spurs though? And isnt he too OBESE???

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-nuclear-adviser/u-s-nuclear-expert-departs-white-house-in-regular-rotation-officials-idUSKBN1JG3HC

U.S. nuclear expert departs White House in 'regular rotation': officials

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration’s top nuclear expert involved in talks on ending North Korea’s nuclear weapons programs is leaving the White House as part of a regular rotation, three senior administration officials said on Wednesday.

The expert, Andrea Hall, has already been replaced by Julie Bentz as acting senior director of the Weapons of Mass Destruction directorate at the National Security Council (NSC), another U.S. official said.

Bentz has a doctorate in nuclear engineering, and has served three times previously on the National Security Council dealing with nuclear policy, the official said.

Watched a new version of "Inside North Korea" the other night and the take is Kim Jong Un is planning to do something his father and grandfather wouldn't approve of. (economic wise).

Kim's personal train to China.

12349cfa-3189-11e8-9019-a420e6317de0_128

6 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Watched a new version of "Inside North Korea" the other night and the take is Kim Jong Un is planning to do something his father and grandfather wouldn't approve of. (economic wise).

Kim's personal train to China.

12349cfa-3189-11e8-9019-a420e6317de0_128

Yeah, Kim Jong Un has actually been turning away from the Songun policies of his father. Less is being spent on military compared to under Kim Jong Il. Also there are more foreign companies working inside the country compared to Kim Jong Il's time. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-missiles-usa-south-korea/pentagon-indefinitely-suspends-some-training-exercises-with-south-korea-idUSKBN1JI2YV

Pentagon indefinitely suspends some training exercises with South Korea

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States and South Korea have agreed to indefinitely suspend two exchange program training exercises, the Pentagon said on Friday, in the aftermath of the summit earlier this month between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

“To support implementing the outcomes of the Singapore Summit, and in coordination with our Republic of Korea ally, Secretary Mattis has indefinitely suspended select exercises,” Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White said.

“This includes suspending FREEDOM GUARDIAN along with two Korean Marine Exchange Program training exercises scheduled to occur in the next three months,” White said.

Jonathan ChengVerified account @JChengWSJ

Just FYI, satellite imagery suggests N. Korea is continuing to upgrade its nuclear enrichment facility. @38NorthNK

-----------------------------------

Brian KlaasVerified account @brianklaas 5h5 hours ago

Brian Klaas Retweeted Jonathan Cheng

This was so absurdly predictable.

And yet, Kim Jong-un got international legitimacy, a major propaganda victory, explicit praise from the US president, and the announced end to US joint military exercises

—all for a vague, undefined “pledge” that is even weaker than past pledges.

<_<

• Haha 1
On June 14, 2018 at 1:46 PM, LawrenceA said:

I heard that Donny's pal Kim just executed a military chief for the crime of giving his troops extra rations.