Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump and North Korea

Another good movie about the Cuban missile crisis currently on some cable channels is 13 Days.

I deleted the post since it is so long, but a very good summary of what good leadership can accomplish vs. two morons.

Not bad but it makes Kenny O'Donnell some sort of hero that he wasn't.  He wasn't even that loyal to Kennedy in the end.  No surprise that the O'Donnell family was involved in the film.

From NBC4 News New York, Youngae Ma, a North Korean defector approves of Trump's statements and the use of force if needed.  She fears Kim Jong Un may not be bluffing.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/North-Korean-Defector-Living-in-NJ-Helps-Other-Refugees-Escape-439757203.html

Another story of how she escaped.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/how-one-woman-helping-north-korean-refugees-making-sausages-n582611

kakaotalk_photo_2016-05-26-07-29-51_4516

Not bad but it makes Kenny O'Donnell some sort of hero that he wasn't. He wasn't even that loyal to Kennedy in the end. No surprise that the O'Donnell family was involved in the film.

I'm curious to hear more about your assessment of Kenny O'Donnell. Or where I can read more about it?

Not bad but it makes Kenny O'Donnell some sort of hero that he wasn't.  He wasn't even that loyal to Kennedy in the end.  No surprise that the O'Donnell family was involved in the film.

That and perhaps they felt a need to beef up the significance of the Kevin Costner part, since he was the leading box-office draw at the time.

That aside, (as far as I've researched) the movie stayed pretty close to what actually happened, which is unusual for most Hollywood productions.

Question here folks:

Just who the hell is this Pastor Robert Jessfress dude, and who's now piping up and saying something along the lines that "God would support and/or approve of any Trump decision to turn that crazy little Korean dude into a cinder"? I've just paraphrased the guy, of course, but isn't THAT pretty much what the guy is saying?!

Wait, I think I now have ANOTHER question here, and it's for Jake.

Hey JAKE you good ol' boy you. I thought in that "Pope" thread you've stated MANY times in it that you didn't like it at all when some religious leader puts his two cents in about politics? And I hope you know war IS considered the ultimate political move, and yeah, kind'a like in chess, ya know, except much more violent.

So why the sudden silence about that Southern Baptist preacher's comments here, HUH?! Could we have the ol' double standard thing goin' on with ya here, you good ol' boy you? Yep, just MIGHT, huh?!

(...guess it's okay with YOU when come conservative Southern Baptist minister voices a political opinion, ah but lo be to a little more liberal-minded Catholic authority figure when HE does, huh) ;)

LOL

• Like 2

Question here folks:

Who the hell is this Pastor Robert Jessfress dude, and who's now piping up and saying something along the lines that "God would support any Trump decision to turn that crazy little Korean dude into a cinder"? I've just paraphrased the guy, of course.

He's another whack-job preacher. If you're wondering why anyone is publishing or broadcasting what he thinks about anything, let alone the North Korea situation, it's because our news media is becoming more and more like a circus sideshow, with each channel trying to outdo the other when it comes to who can book the nuttiest nutjob. The hosts let them ramble on and foam at the mouth, and then the host/s point at them and shake their heads with a "Can you believe this guy's for real?" look on their faces. The whole format is getting tired and insulting. It's like the Jerry Springer-ification of the news.

• Like 5

Where are the Walter Cronkite's of yesteryear when you need them?

The days of "objective" journalism and reporting are almost dead in America.

Well at least on the major networks.

However, If one looks really hard, with a discerning eye, one can still find a little truth within a myriad of falsities.

But it does require the use of "critical thinking skills."

• Like 2

However, If one looks really hard, with a discerning eye, one can still find a little truth within a myriad of falsities.

If you are fed up with the networks and/or cable TV, try BBC or PBS.  And, yes, we all need to use our "critical thinking skills."  I miss Walter Cronkite, too.

• Like 1

If you are fed up with the networks and/or cable TV, try BBC or PBS.  And, yes, we all need to use our "critical thinking skills."  I miss Walter Cronkite, too.

Yes....

Though no source is 100% objective, and all should be challenged for veracity, I've found that those two, along with NPR to be the most consistently reliable sources of informative programing that we have available through the mediums of television and radio. 

I think that they are essential for the health of the country, and should be preserved.

I personally support PBS/BBC and NPR, and encourage others to do likewise. 

• Like 3

Yes....

Though no source is 100% objective, and all should be challenged for veracity, I've found that those two, along with NPR to be the most consistently reliable sources of informative programing that we have available through the mediums of television and radio. 

I think that they are essential for the health of the country, and should be preserved.

I personally support PBS/BBC and NPR, and encourage others to do likewise. 

I don't...nothing but progressive sanctimonious fodder for the sheep...

He's another whack-job preacher. If you're wondering why anyone is publishing or broadcasting what he thinks about anything, let alone the North Korea situation, it's because our news media is becoming more and more like a circus sideshow, with each channel trying to outdo the other when it comes to who can book the nuttiest nutjob. The hosts let them ramble on and foam at the mouth, and then the host/s point at them and shake their heads with a "Can you believe this guy's for real?" look on their faces. The whole format is getting tired and insulting. It's like the Jerry Springer-ification of the news.

Yes, but lets not forget here Lawrence that Walter Cronkite never had to compete for an audience against the internet and where every swinging Richard (think of the nickname for Richard here, of course) now days seems to believe that they're now a qualified "journalist" who knows as much or more about some issue than those actually educated to be journalists, and that their own opinion about some issue is somehow just as knowledge-based and thus valid as any other opinion.

And so maybe competition doesn't always "improve the breed", eh?!

(...in other words, I have to say I'm a little tired myself of all this blaming of the media for our populace's seeming "dumbing down"...perhaps it's actually a case similar to the old saw about "people getting the government that they deserve", but in this case replace the word "government" with the word "media")

• Like 3

I don't...nothing but progressive sanctimonious fodder for the sheep...

The Right consistently labels genuine investigative journalism progressive because it doesn't conform to their dogma, where nothing is investigated. It is merely set down. They get antsy that any subject can be discussed openly. The resiliency of give and take threatens them.  They are comfortable with all their ducks in a row and that represent the bedrock of their implacable prejudices. which remain immutable. That's sanctimonious. And that's where you find the sheep. 

• Like 2

Don't forget about Huntley and Brinkley.

Huntley_Brinkley_Report_Chet_Huntley_Dav

• Like 1

The Right consistently labels genuine investigative journalism progressive because it doesn't conform to their dogma, where nothing is investigated. It is merely set down. They get antsy that any subject can be discussed openly. The resiliency of give and take threatens them.  They are comfortable with all their ducks in a row and that represent the bedrock of their implacable prejudices. which remain immutable. That's sanctimonious. And that's where you find the sheep. 

Not long ago when the validity of a Fox News story was called into question their response was actually we are not a news program but an opinion program.  If so, they should take the word 'news' out of their show.

• Like 1

"It's the same dame."

lIuLT0z.jpg

if drawing a comparison between a fat ugly sick little psycho and an american president is all the left can react with...

no wonder we won. :lol: 

just be thankful that trump will be the one to address NK and not hillary because all she woulda done is stall with sanctions until SoCal go boom!

:D

if drawing a comparison between a fat ugly sick little psycho and an american president is all the left can react with...

Are you calling Kim Jong-un the american president? Because your other phrase describes Mr. Trump perfectly!

• Like 1

Are you calling Kim Jong-un the american president? Because your other phrase describes Mr. Trump perfectly!

no, what I'm really saying is that behind all the liberal rhetoric is decades of a fundamental disloyalty to America and what it stands for..

God, liberty and country.

:P

no, what I'm really saying is that behind all the liberal rhetoric is decades of a fundamental disloyalty to America and what it stands for..

I think the fact that our president is a Russian spy is as far from loyalty to America as we've ever come. He actually thanked Putin for slashing the American diplomatic presence in Russia! We have never seen the like of that before. Putin has the ability to blackmail Trump, due to Trump's shady financial dealings with Russia, and other things related to Trump's sexual activities there, which would be illegal in the United States.

I know there is an unholy alliance between people like you and people like Trump/Putin, who want to see America weakened. We are a laughing stock abroad now; and Putin is pulling the strings.

Stalin is amused.

stalin-medal-ha-you-made-me-smile-go-to-

• Like 2

That's interesting.  As I've always seen it was conservatives that.......

Always tried to push legislation that attempted to restrict people's personal behavior....

....insisted on slashing funds for programs that did their best to rise people out of poverty, or at least not have their children starve in the interim...

...slash and scrap any regulation that kept corporate fat cats from irresponsibly wasting the country's natural resources and reduced the amounts of poison they dump into our water systems and the air that we breathe....

...In some states reducing or eliminating the right to bring suit to incompetent doctors or eliminate collective bargaining for laborers to redress grievances against corporations for unfair practices that put their jobs or lives in danger....

...And blasphemously invoke the name of God in an arrogant attempt to imply that they, and they alone are the ONLY people "favored" by The Lord...

As to Trump and Nprth Korea......

I USED to think it WAS North Korea that posed the bigger danger to our national safety.  Now it's Trump's BIG MOUTH that poses the bigger threat to it.

How long before this idiot puts a STICK on his shoulder and dares that Korean brat to knock it off?  I KNOW he won't draw a line in the sand with his toe.  That'll scuff his soft leather Italian loafers.

Sepiatone

• Like 5

Heaven forbid our president stand up against that Asian bully.  Guess people rather have jellyfish running the country.

I'm comforted to know THAAD had a 100%  test score and NK will cease to exist if Pig Jong Un goes through with his threat.  I'm sick of the "end of the world" HS!